Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I am soooo glad I did! I couldn't decide if the problems I was having were just my unit or if I was being too picky. The case creaked a little (nothing major) and the contrast made it very difficult to read (even after using Ted-San's fantastic font hack). I realized the biggest source of discomfort for me was the ghosting. I could see the text from the previous page after page turns. It was very faint but enough to disturb the eye after reading for a while.

I got my new Kindle on Wednesday and haven't put it down since. The page turns seem faster, the refresh on the screen much more complete. I don't even have to refresh the screen after waking the unit up. There isn't a creak to be heard and the text is much clearer and darker. The background is a tad lighter but not by much. All of those things add up to a much more pleasurable reading experience.

The only test I have left to do is the sun fade test. We haven't had any sun though!  :p I am afraid to do it because I am so happy with this unit that I don't want to find out that it fades in the sun! Keeping my fingers crossed, think we'll have some sun tomorrow for me to test it. If it passes the sun test I think I'll be trying one of the skins for it. I thought it would be distracting but I think it might be better than the all white, that starts to bother me after a bit.

Thanks for all the the great advice and help that I've gotten here!

·
Registered
126 Posts
aw, congrats!!

this board is like webmd to me. you know how if you get a little sick or something about your body feels weird and you look up your symptoms and convince yourself you have some huge rare disease? this board makes me think about things like "wait my case creaks on the left side if I hold it in one hand and push a little..... and there's ghosting... I think.... wait, is that actually ghosting or are my eyes seeing the faint image that was previously on the screen?......" lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
tashab said:
aw, congrats!!

this board is like webmd to me. you know how if you get a little sick or something about your body feels weird and you look up your symptoms and convince yourself you have some huge rare disease? this board makes me think about things like "wait my case creaks on the left side if I hold it in one hand and push a little..... and there's ghosting... I think.... wait, is that actually ghosting or are my eyes seeing the faint image that was previously on the screen?......" lol
LOL - that is so true!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you! Yes, it's a little game you play with yourself...lol. I just couldn't decide if I should replace it or not. So glad I could get so much info from everyone on here. KindleMD ;)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Mine has the little creak on the left hand side but everything else seems okay, so for now it stays. (That and the fact me and my K2 aren't in the country.) I always have it in a case anyways, so I think I should be o.k. Glad you got though, lisa.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't have traded mine for the creak either suicidepact. It wasn't that bad, didn't creak with page turns, and I too keep it in a case. It just added into the other factors when making my decision. As long as the unit is readable, I wouldn't trade it.  :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Glad it worked out in the end.  ;D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glad you got a keeper! I just got my skin today from decalgirl (picked the Dark Burlwood) and I LOVE it... I opted for the semi solid dark color so it wouldn't be distracting (and just personal preference) and it's simply perfect, makes the kindle far sexier! Highly recommend getting one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ordered a skin too! Now that I know I have a keeper I can dress it up a little. Got the monet one. I have a purple pebble go! jacket so I thought they might be nice together. I also ordered the waterproof bag for poolside reading. I did test my kindle in the sun and there is no fade! I am soooo happy, I haven't been able to put it down.  ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts