Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,160 Posts
The after-image is normal when you turn the Kindle off or after unplugging from the USB port.  The "flash" that you see when you turn the page seems to help clear the old levels, so when it doesn't get to flash (like when you turn off), the ghost image can still remain.  Now, if you're seeing ghosting when turning pages or something, that is not normal.

Same with the buttons, probably nothing to worry about.  Mine are a bit "off" on the right side, but I haven't had any actual problems in 6 months.  I think amazon was just trying to tell you that slight mis-alignment is normal, but if it causes a problem in the future, like getting stuck, it is covered under the warranty.

· Registered
3,160 Posts
jesspark said:
I'm still scratching my head over why some people report ghosting/an afterimage when their Kindle is turned off and others don't, but... I guess I'll take Amazon's word that it's nothing to worry about! That's a relief. :)
I think it's usually so light that some people just don't notice it. I hear that can happen when you get old... ::)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.