Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,367 Posts
If they're just uploading to Amazon, B&N and Apple, then I agree. It's ridiculous. However, if they're also getting paperbacks into retailers, that would be much more intriguing. Are they getting the books into any distributors that authors can't access on their own?

· Registered
2,367 Posts
RobertJCrane said:
http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/2011/04/ebooks-and-self-publishing-part-2_03.html?m=1

Disclaimer: I haven't read this since it was first published, but I'm pretty sure this is it.
Okay, I read through it, and he seems to be saying that if an estributor was going to pay all the costs, then it would be worth giving them 15%.

I looked at the D&G article, and really, it does sound like all they're doing for 15% is uploading to Amazon, B&N, Kobo, etc.

While I'd be happy to have them represent me and try to set up a paperback deal with a publishing house, I'd feel like a fool paying them, or any agency, 15% to upload my books to Amazon, B&N and Sony. Especially if I've had to pay the cost of formatting, editing, covers, etc. on top of the 15%.

I have to agree with Joe on this. For 15%, I'd want more than someone just uploading my e-books.

On the other hand, I'd be willing to trade 15% if they distributed my books to retail outlets that I wouldn't be able to access on my own. But it doesn't sound like that's what they're offering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.