Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Better late than never, "Happy Festivus"...to be celebrated on the 23rd of December.  We are holding "Feats of Strength" at 6 here at our home.    ....Merry Christmas fellow KBers and Seinfeld fans.  May 2013 be a year of inspiration, obtained goals and a safe and bright year....    (couldn't help it, I know there are two Christmas threads, but 0 Festivus) threads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,706 Posts
My grievance:  Why do people assume you want mayonaisse on your sandwich?  They don't even ask, and restaurants just put it on too.  No one does that with ketchup or mustard.  Mayonaisse is gross.

Happy Festivus!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Hrrmph...the airing of grievances the day after Festivus??? That's my grievance right there!

Yesterday we watched the Festivus Seinfeld episode, aired our grievances, and I lost the feats of strength .

I hope everybody else has weaker relatives!

Happy Festivus to All!

Emily
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,442 Posts
My grievance: When did they change the size of to-go coffee cups at McDonalds? Did they not measure the average size of a cup holder? Every time I get one, it ends up spilling into holder because the bottom is just too small. Come on people - you have everything else in the right size for a cup holder but apparently hot coffee doesn't fall into the category which is the one thing which should. Do you know how sticky that is? And then those tops! They never close again so you take one turn - bam - all over the place. Don't even get me started on the plastic "stirrers". :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
My grievance: Slim caps.

They have them on bottles of water and soda now.  Uses less plastic, they say.  But did they lower the price of the product because the caps now use less plastic and are less expensive to make?  No, they didn't.  On top of that, despite their assurances that the caps are just as good, they are not.  They are more difficult to open.  They are more difficult to get back on.  They are easier to drop.  All around, they are a pain in the neck.

The madness must end!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,945 Posts
Add the new plastic water bottles to the cap issue.  They are thinner (more environmentally friendly, supposedly).  They don't stand up straight once you drink some, contributing to spills.  They crinkle in your hands making loud popping sounds, very annoying.  They can even squeeze in your hands, squirting water out the top when they are very full.  The world needs sturdier water bottles.  Now, don't tell me to use permanent bottles.  I never have one with me when I'm unexpectedly dying of thirst.  Even if I do, I may be some place where the water tastes awful.  OK, I feel better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Sapphire said:
Add the new plastic water bottles to the cap issue. They are thinner (more environmentally friendly, supposedly). They don't stand up straight once you drink some, contributing to spills. They crinkle in your hands making loud popping sounds, very annoying. They can even squeeze in your hands, squirting water out the top when they are very full. The world needs sturdier water bottles. Now, don't tell me to use permanent bottles. I never have one with me when I'm unexpectedly dying of thirst. Even if I do, I may be some place where the water tastes awful. OK, I feel better.
That too. Between the slim caps and the crunchy plastic bottles, it's like the bottled water companies want you to buy Brita filters and drink tap water. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,706 Posts
Dan C. Rinnert said:
That too. Between the slim caps and the crunchy plastic bottles, it's like the bottled water companies want you to buy Brita filters and drink tap water. ;)
I always picture some guy at the bottled water factory filling a bottle from a city water tap, and saying, "I got your bottled water right here."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ejg said:
Hrrmph...the airing of grievances the day after Festivus??? That's my grievance right there!

Yesterday we watched the Festivus Seinfeld episode, aired our grievances, and I lost the feats of strength .

I hope everybody else has weaker relatives!

Happy Festivus to All!

Emily
Sorry, I got held up at Dr. Vannostrum's office of Proctology aka "The AssMan", I told him it was a Million To One after stoping short at a traffic light. It was a Festivus Miracle, the only thing I sufferer with is "uromysotisis" as a result of stopping short................ no matter how many times I watch old episodes, it's always as funny as the first time I watched it.

In the spirit of Festivus continue with the airing of Grievances......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
New grievance: Apparently everyone but me got transparencies in their World Book encyclopedias.  What's up with that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,153 Posts
swolf said:
I always picture some guy at the bottled water factory filling a bottle from a city water tap, and saying, "I got your bottled water right here."
Ever seen Penn & Teller's "investigation" into bottled water? It's the reason I'll never pay for bottled water. (Caution-- strong language included, NSFW.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfPAjUvvnIc

Hope the link works, you never know these days. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,648 Posts
I live in Vancouver, Canada, where we have the best tap water. I can understand bottled water in other places, but not here.

My grievance is that I wish I had a proofreader who lived in a little hat that I keep in my closet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,469 Posts
Book sales - reporting and ranking.

I just don't understand how firms with the financial girth and technical know-how, such as Apple, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Google can screw something up so badly. How difficult could it be? Perhaps they have spilled liquid from unstable water bottles into the servers. There is some question as to the claim that the content was water.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,659 Posts
Ribbon candy that all tastes the same. They used to be all different, pure flavors. Now they all just taste like corn syrup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
Husbands who have never once put the corkscrew back in the drawer after opening a bottle of wine.  Never. Not once. Ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
CandyTX said:
I have to go to my in-laws today.

'Nuff said.
I feel for you. I have been at my in-laws since Thursday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,641 Posts
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese boxes that won't open, not with anything less than an industrial table saw.

Today I knifed one open and cut all the way into the cheese packet. This did not go over well with the midget, who worried her powdered cheese flavored pasta product might be a bit less florescent yellow.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top