Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting in the Oakland airport, the guy next to me pulled out a white Kindle. I said "Oh, I write books for those." Well he asked my name, pulled up my detective mystery novels and asked which one I recommended. I told him "Dark Blonde" had great reviews and so he bought it there on the spot! When we deboarded in 2 hrs he caught up with me, tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Great read! I'll finish it at home and give you a good review." Small, electronic, amazing world.  8)

·
Registered
686 Posts
That is SO cool!  I have seen people read on their kindles in the train to work and I am always so tempted to do exactly what you did. 

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After this little episode I thought--if folks can afford to fly these days, they won't cough at 2.99 to 9.99 for an ebook novel! I mean the beer I had at the Oakland airport (they should raze the place) was $7.13 !

I envision a guy wearing an a-board advertisement walking the concourse, with the name of an ebook novel for all those Kindle & other ereaders. Or, maybe a dame with short shorts & halter top. Oy vay!

·
Registered
509 Posts
MikeAngel said:
After this little episode I thought--if folks can afford to fly these days, they won't cough at 2.99 to 9.99 for an ebook novel! I mean the beer I had at the Oakland airport (they should raze the place) was $7.13 !

I envision a guy wearing an a-board advertisement walking the concourse, with the name of an ebook novel for all those Kindle & other ereaders. Or, maybe a dame with short shorts & halter top. Oy vay!
I know you were joking, but on a more serious note, you could drop bookmarks on the little side tables. Or something of the sort. Or if you know your plane will be reloaded and sent back, stick one or two in the seat pocket. Genius. Too bad I rarely get the chance to fly.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
samanthawarren said:
I know you were joking, but on a more serious note, you could drop bookmarks on the little side tables. Or something of the sort. Or if you know your plane will be reloaded and sent back, stick one or two in the seat pocket. Genius. Too bad I rarely get the chance to fly.
I googled it, and you can get color on one side and nothing on the other side for about $60 per 1000 bookmarks. You'd have to balance that cost with the time to do the legwork to place vs. buying a Pixel of Ink or KND ad.

It's an interesting idea. My worry would be that putting them on tables would result in the cleaning guy finding them and tossing them as he makes his rounds during the day.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Asher MacDonald said:
I googled it, and you can get color on one side and nothing on the other side for about $60 per 1000 bookmarks. You'd have to balance that cost with the time to do the legwork to place vs. buying a Pixel of Ink or KND ad.

It's an interesting idea. My worry would be that putting them on tables would result in the cleaning guy finding them and tossing them as he makes his rounds during the day.
It's definitely not something I'd want to go out of my way to do, but if you're in the airport anyway, drop a couple on the table. I wouldn't put a huge stack down, because yeah, they may get tossed. I have bookmarks that I use almost like business cards (I must admit, I think they're super pretty), so I always carry some with me. I doubt airport drops would generate a ton of sales, but even a couple would make it worth the small effort. But it's just an idea. May work for some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts