Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Has anyone else experienced having ALL their ebooks disappear from the Kindle homescreen? All my collections are still there but all of them have zero content. I plugged in the Kindle to my laptop and all the books still appear on the Kindle's documents folder, but they are nowhere to be found on the homescreen. This happened when I tried to transfer 3 mobi files to my Kindle. I have deleted these files but my Kindle remains empty. What happened and how can I restore all my books? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,660 Posts
I assume you're not using an iPad?  For a few hours today, Amazon had an update to the ios Kindle app that deleted some or all books from the ipad for some people (it was replaced with one that works properly).

·
Super Moderator
67,458 Posts
That can happen if you do a restart and don't have WiFi turned on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Hooded Claw said:
I assume you're not using an iPad? For a few hours today, Amazon had an update to the ios Kindle app that deleted some or all books from the ipad for some people (it was replaced with one that works properly).
I'm using a Kindle 4 model. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
That can happen if you do a restart and don't have WiFi turned on.
I see. How can I restore all my books so they return to the homescreen of my device? They're still in the documents' folder when I plug my Kindle to the laptop. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,660 Posts
I'd give completely turning the Kindle off and restarting it a try.  Move the power switch and hold it for awhile (15 seconds, I've forgotten) till it shuts down and you don't see a screen saver. Then restart.  Good chance it will fix this, and it will not hurt anything.

·
Super Moderator
67,458 Posts
What Claw said. . . . . though I'd suggest holding it more like 30-40 seconds to trigger the restart.  One of our resident tech helpers says "until your finger hurts". :)

(BTW, moving this whole thread to the "Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshooting" area of the boards.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts