Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALL M-EDGE KINDLE 1 JACKETS
NOW ON SALE!

We wanted you to be the first to know that M-Edge is reducing the price of ALL our Kindle 1 jackets starting Wednesday, February 18.

Genuine Leather Executive Jacket ~ Sale Price: $34.99 (formerly $44.99)
Synthetic Leather Executive Jacket ~ Sale Price: $19.99 (formerly $29.99)
Image Jacket ~ Sale Price: $19.99 (formerly $29.99)
Leisure Jacket ~ Sale Price: $24.99 (formerly $29.99)

M-Edge Kindle 1 jackets are currently available for purchase on
www.buymedge.com and www.amazon.com

*Limited time only sale. While supplies last.

Also, 2nd generation E-luminator lights will be available for pre-order in March

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
TM said:
So - they are going to stop making Kindle 1 covers, i was afraid of that. I sure hope Oberon and Decal girl don't abandone Kindle 1
I guess it makes sense that b/c the Kindle 2 (and possibly whatever kindles follow that) will have a different shape and physical dimension, that they would eventually stop making covers. I'm a little surprised that they made the decision before the k2 started shipping. lol, that seems a little harsh. I mean, what's going to happen to all the people buying used k1s? Will their accesorizing be limited in scope to whatever the previous owners already had? Hardly seems fair.
TM, I wouldn't worry too much about Oberon. For one thing, large journal covers fit the k1 very well. And they aren't likely to discontinue those. No worries! I'm off to buy a cut-rate m edge cover and light.

·
Registered
679 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
I guess it makes sense that b/c the Kindle 2 (and possibly whatever kindles follow that) will have a different shape and physical dimension, that they would eventually stop making covers. I'm a little surprised that they made the decision before the k2 started shipping. lol, that seems a little harsh. I mean, what's going to happen to all the people buying used k1s? Will their accesorizing be limited in scope to whatever the previous owners already had? Hardly seems fair.
TM, I wouldn't worry too much about Oberon. For one thing, large journal covers fit the k1 very well. And they aren't likely to discontinue those. No worries! I'm off to buy a cut-rate m edge cover and light.
yeah, I knew they would eventually - but didn't think they would this soon. Now I need to decide if I want to go ahead and get the red M-edge since they won't be around for long. Guess they didn;t care about people getting used ones and wanting to accessories, or that some of us may be keeping version 1 for years and may want to get new covers later.

Thanks for the comment about oberon... nice to know they will always be an option.

·
Registered
679 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
TM Are you thinking about ANOTHER cover? Aren't you already having trouble choosing one ;)
LOL! I am addicted. I just love that marbled red, but probablly won't get it. And good point... i already have trouble deciding which cover to use now...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
TM said:
LOL! I am addicted. I just love that marbled red, but probablly won't get it. And good point... i already have trouble deciding which cover to use now...
OMG, that is too funny. Well, think of it this way:
You already have 2.
You really like the red one that's apparently about to be discontinued.
There's a sale on.
You could always just break down and buy 5 more, and have one for every day of the week.
lol, or buy 29 more, and have one for every day of the month.
Have you considered changing them seasonally?
(Oh, I'm sorry. you must be mistaken. I'm not here to help at all. You should read my posts on the buyer's remorse thread). ;D

·
Registered
679 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
OMG, that is too funny. Well, think of it this way:
You already have 2.
You really like the red one that's apparently about to be discontinued.
There's a sale on.
You could always just break down and buy 5 more, and have one for every day of the week.
lol, or buy 29 more, and have one for every day of the month.
Have you considered changing them seasonally?
(Oh, I'm sorry. you must be mistaken. I'm not here to help at all. You should read my posts on the buyer's remorse thread). ;D
You are such a big help!

BTW - I have 3 (2 oberons and 1 m-edge).

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
See?  You're most of the way to a week already.  Go for the red.  We'll wait here.  Let us know if you get the light, which appears to also be on sale, as well.

>:)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Get the red -- you'll never regret owning it.  I have the red leather and think it is just terrific.  Just now I just ordered the jade green -- should be here on Friday!!!!  How many covers do you think the average Kindler owns?  I think the blue is pretty also. . .    ;)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Tippy said:
Get the red -- you'll never regret owning it. I have the red leather and think it is just terrific. Just now I just ordered the jade green -- should be here on Friday!!!! How many covers do you think the average Kindler owns? I think the blue is pretty also. . . ;)
Oooh! That green is pretty. I didn't even see that one earlier.
Judging just from the accesory forum alone, the average kindle owner owns just enough covers to have a serious, serious, accesorizing addiction. So, maybe 4?

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The sapphire blue is REALLY pretty more of a turquoise though...

robin.goodfellow said:
Oooh! That green is pretty. I didn't even see that one earlier.
Judging just from the accesory forum alone, the average kindle owner owns just enough covers to have a serious, serious, accesorizing addiction. So, maybe 4?
That means I need to order another cover...no sense in being below average...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I really wanted that green m-edge until I saw a picture someone had posted on here.  I'm not usually a green person but that shade shown on the Amazon site is soooo pretty!  Unfortunately I think it's more of a bright grassy green and that just isn't for me but I'll bet others really love it.  

·
Registered
684 Posts
How many covers do you think the average Kindler owns?
This average Kindle owner will have 4 covers...Pebbled Saddle, Pebbled Black, Marbled Red and Jade Green along with 6 DecalGirl Skins.

Yes, I have an accessory addiction. You should see my handbag collection. ;D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Bluebell said:
This average Kindle owner will have 4 covers...Pebbled Saddle, Pebbled Black, Marbled Red and Jade Green along with 6 DecalGirl Skins.

Yes, I have an accessory addiction. You should see my handbag collection. ;D
I don't know. I think you may be underestimating, Bluebell. I mean, you didn't include any Oberon covers, and I would place even money bets on ownership of the butterfly, roof of heaven, and whichever cover is the purple one.
I feel your accessory addiction pain. My dad elected to build a new two story deck on the back of my brother's house rather than tackle a shoe organizer for my coat closet.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Tippy said:
Get the red -- you'll never regret owning it. I have the red leather and think it is just terrific. Just now I just ordered the jade green -- should be here on Friday!!!! How many covers do you think the average Kindler owns? I think the blue is pretty also. . . ;)
I am seriously considering it... but may just get the Oberon River Garden instead (supposedly it will also be read).

·
Registered
684 Posts
According to my DH, I am supposed to get rid of one handbag or pair of shoes when I buy new ones. My chuckles turn into belly laughs! As if!! I tell him the same thing with his fishing rods and reels. He doesn't seem to see the humor. ;D  

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have the Red Medge and really love it.  I have a Leopard Spots skin which looks pretty good in it. 

1 - 20 of 40 Posts