Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just registered for the boards and wanted to say "Hi!" I've been pining for a kindle since it was released and my family finally got one for me as a joint gift this Christmas... just in time for them to be sold out. :D I totally respect Oprah, but now I randomly get annoyed whenever I see her picture.

I'm a little sad to have missed the Kindle 1 and the first adopter title, but I am sure I will love my Kindle, no matter what size or shape. And I will try not to let it get a complex about not having an SD card, poor thing.

A little about me: I love reading. Mostly stuff that will rot my brain like sci-fi, fantasy, romance, etc. A 4 book week is a happy week. I used to have 500+ paperbacks in the house (much to the dismay of the husband) but I gave them to my sister when she went on maternity leave and have been buying ebooks on my PC ever since. Hopefully they convert well.

I am converting from hardcopy to Kindle to 1) save space; and 2) prevent my son, who is three, from getting an early education from my racier romance novels when he learns how to read. *grin* Sadly, it is not for the financial reasons and... yes... I have bought an $18 ebook and yes... I will probably buy an $18 Kindle book if it happens to be by JR Ward or JD Robb. Although I will feel ashamed the whole time.  :-X

I have to say thank you to all the really helpful people on this board who have helped me learn about kindle, accessories, etc., even though you didn't know I was watching. I am 100% more excited about my Kindle now than I was 2 months ago, and have been thanking my family constantly as well. I have an Oberon cover pre-ordered, I feel like I am stalking the Strangedog website, and I've already been buying and applying gift cards to my account for my 7 page wishlist. I am SO ready.

~Paks

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Oh Paks - are you ever in for a treat! We have two sci-fi / romance/ fantasy authors that are members of the KB that I know of. I know there are lots of authors here. Be sure and get In Her Name and Distant Cousin (a trilogy) and you will be one happy gal. There is another that I have not read but have, but when you go to the Book Klubs you will find all kinds of recommendations.
Welcome!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, paks! Since you been checking us out, You know about the accessories area and the Book Klubs. Feel free to join in on one if you want, we don't have a lot of rules, we are just casual. Several authors are members now, you might find a new favorite.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Welcome, Paks!  I can relate as KindleBoards.com surely pushed my patience for Kindle to where I caved and got an eBay Kindle 1 thus cancelling K2.  No worries though, I love Sookie as I am sure that you will love your K2 (name?)

Looking forward to your delivery day story.  I think that there will be loads of those this week...  :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts