Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email from a school teacher in St. Louis informing me that my book, Priscilla the Great, was chosen for the "Book Battle." This means that all the kids in the 34 area middle schools will be encouraged to read my book this school year and answer questions about it in May to compete with the other schools.

I'm so excited. This should result in sales, right? I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I was working out the numbers (it's what I do, I'm a mathematician) and if each school has about 100 kids, that's over 3000 books. Now, will each kid buy my book? Or only two or three buy it and then share with their friends? Either way, I'm still super excited because that's 3000 new readers!!!!!

This is huge for me folks. So far I've sold only about 100 paper copies of that book since December.

·
Registered
815 Posts
That is over the top fantastic!  I don't know if each child will buy a copy, but this could be the start of multiple school libraries adding your title to their shelves.  I hope it spreads like wildfire!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Sybil Nelson said:
I'm still super excited because that's 3000 new readers!!!!!

This is huge for me folks. So far I've sold only about 100 paper copies of that book since December.
That's awesome! Congratulations! 3000 new readers is a big deal. Even if just 5% of them go in to buy another book, that's 150! You struck a gold mine. May I ask how your book was chosen for the book battle?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T.S. Welti said:
That's awesome! Congratulations! 3000 new readers is a big deal. Even if just 5% of them go in to buy another book, that's 150! You struck a gold mine. May I ask how your book was chosen for the book battle?
The school teacher who emailed me reviewed Priscilla the Great for her blog way back in January I think. She said she recommended it and it was chosen!

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Oh, wow, Sybil - that's beyond awesome :)  Congratulations!

·
Registered
978 Posts
What a dose of lovely news. I was feeling depressed at my sales having dipped to zero for three days, but you suddenly shine out with a light like this.

Well done and congratulations. May your sales soar through the roof.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts