Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,
My name is Stan Morris and I joined today, mainly for the purpose of thanking everyone who posted a note in the Free Books section about my book, Surviving the Fog.  I do appreciate it. 
Mahalo,
Stan Morris

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Aloha and welcome to Kindle Boards.  I love Maui, I need my yearly Maui fix and soon, which area of the island are you on. :)  You will like it here, just don't get into the accessories area or you may never come out again. :)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Aloha Stan...

Maui no ka oi.  I've lived there 2 different times...Wailuku and Kihei.  I'm currently living in Honolulu but will be moving back to the mainland in June.  
I would prefer to be on Maui instead of stuck in traffic.  I'm not a city girl.

I'll have to check out your book. Once again, welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aloha,
Thank you everyone for welcoming me.  I live on a farm in Omaopio.  I have 26 coffee trees.  The farmer next door farms most of my land.  Once, I took a picture of 10,000 heads of lettuce.  Today, I made some patriot baskets.  These are blue pots with red, white and blue petunias.  I bought some dryland taro that I plan to plant tomorrow.
I read.  That's who I am.  Too many favorite authors, so I will just name Asimov, Krentz, Heinlein, Nora Roberts, Weber and Flint.
Stan

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Upcountry...bet you have an amazing view. 

I sure miss all the wonderful veggies from the Kula area.  Best corn I've ever had in my life.  I've yet to find a decent farmers market on Oahu. 

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Up country, it is beautiful there and the views are stunning.  Love the Jacarandas when they are in bloom up there.  I spent a day driving the up country, really made me want to live there.  We have a lot of favorite authors in common.  Mahalo, I will check out your book.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
We really do love authors here.  Hopefully Leslie will add you to the Kindle author list.  I'll have to check out your book, thanks.

Welcome top kindleboards

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome and how is the weather on your end??  :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sherylb said:
Stan-
I have just finished reading your book Surviving the Fog and I just had to tell you that I loved it. ;D
I have also posted a recommendation here: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,3077.40.html in our Books Recommend by our Members section.
Nice job Stan and thank you for the FREE book!!
Sheryl
Sheryl,
I thank you so much. You are the first person to comment on my book outside of my family (who are somewhat prejudiced).
Stan

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kind said:
Welcome and how is the weather on your end?? :)
Thank you for your welcome. It's COLD here on Maui. It got down to 52.3 last night. I had to shut almost all of the windows!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I have your book too Stan, and after a couple of other promised reads, you are in the que.  Glad to hear it is good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome Stan,

Just finished your book Surviving the Fog and must say, and it was very entertaining.  It kept me interested throughout.  Loved the characters.  Awesome job.  Anything else in the works?  If you write another, we'd definitely like to hear about it.

If you haven't read Stan's book yet, I suggest you give it a whirl.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts