Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
title says it all, which means i have to get a new charger cable unless some kind of miracle says they sell them at wal mart or radio shack! :(

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
The positive thing is...you may come across it when you least expect it. Meanwhile my laptop charger is dead....it overheated and melted

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the K2 charger, I'm sure i can order one on amazon... and I think i lost it somewhere at work.  But i've already checked everywhere I know about. *cries*

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Vegas_Asian (Experiment#299) said:
Theres's always the Igo
for k1

for k2

then get their charger. You can also get tips for other devices you have.
I totally love my iGo charger. I have a tip for MyK and one that works for both my phone and DH's, all I need is one for my Zune and I'm set! Nice to know I can charge in the car or from an outlet and I only have to carry one cord for all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea just the cord, my other part is still sitting here mocking me.  There goes 14.99 i could have used for my oberon lol.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The Igo is an excellent choice.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Yes, see this as an opportunity...iGo has tips for most devices.  I carried my iGo when I went to San Diego with tips for my Kindle, my Palm, my iPod, my GPS and my cell phone.  One charger with ends for car and wall and tips for all my devices.  You can order through Amazon and also Radio Shack has them.

And your original charger may yet show up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So if i'm lucky I could find the iGo at Radio shack tonight?  I don't live anywhere near anything but a wal mart and a radio shack lol.  Unless i want to drive for an hour.  Anyway, I have to watch my Alma Mater play a basketball game tonight against Louisville, (Morehead State University, for the first time in the NCAA in 25 years!) so I can't go anywhere lol

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
They'll definitely have an iGo rack; I haven't been to a Radio Shack in ages that didn't have one.  You might call them first to see if they have the Kindle tip.  (K2:  tip A97, K1: tip A00.)  Save yourself a trip if they don't have them.

Betsy

·
Registered
737 Posts
thefuture4 said:
So if i'm lucky I could find the iGo at Radio shack tonight? I don't live anywhere near anything but a wal mart and a radio shack lol. Unless i want to drive for an hour. Anyway, I have to watch my Alma Mater play a basketball game tonight against Louisville, (Morehead State University, for the first time in the NCAA in 25 years!) so I can't go anywhere lol
You might check for the cable first. At Radio Shack that is.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
thefuture4 said:
Yea just the cord, my other part is still sitting here mocking me. There goes 14.99 i could have used for my oberon lol.
Not to feel bad, I lost my USB for months. All the books on my computer (and I suspect Kindle as well) were mocking me! I just bought an external hard drive that came with a USB that fits, I was so excited.

For my charger, I keep it it plugged into my battery back-up and have never lost that.

Good luck on your hunt or new purchase,

-sailor

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok Thanks all for your help. It's not far, and i'm bored because I can't read and I still have an hour, so i'm headed to Radio Shack.  Thanks again people!

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
thefuture4 said:
Ok Thanks all for your help. It's not far, and i'm bored because I can't read and I still have an hour, so i'm headed to Radio Shack. Thanks again people!
You will want a USB cable with a micro B connector on one end. I don't know if Radio Shack will have one of those.

Mike

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
It's what he would need if he wanted to continue use of the Kindle 2 charger instead of a third-party device that may or may not harm the Kindle in the long run.  ;D

Mike

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
But I thought he lost the K2 charger...

so confused.

Update:  I understand now that the K2 charger is both the USB cord and charger....  ;D  Gotta start saving up my Amazon rewards for the K2 so I know more about it...in the meantime I'm going to do more reading up on  it.

Betsy

1 - 20 of 56 Posts