Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, almost forgot.  If you like it, PLEASE write a favorable review and tell others about it! PLEASE!!! :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry but there is no picture and no description. I have no idea what the book is about or if it would interest me or not.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Lizzy said:
Sorry but there is no picture and no description. I have no idea what the book is about or if it would interest me or not.
You can order a sample Lizzy. :) I'm sure J Dean will provide us with more info if we ask. There is a link for a synopsis of the plot, all you have to do is click to read.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Okay, thanks. I found the description in another thread but the author should know to at least put the description on Amazon. Hes not going to sell to many without it and cover art is really important on amazon. JMO but i will sample it.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Lizzy said:
Okay, thanks. I found the description in another thread but the author should know to at least put the description on Amazon. Hes not going to sell to many without it and cover art is really important on amazon. JMO but i will sample it.
Perhaps this is a learning experience and tips like yours are sure to help in the future! :)

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
My guess is that he put the description and cover with the book, but that it just hasn't gotten put on by Amazon yet.  From what I've read from other self-published authors, it doesn't get done all at the same time.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm with Lizzy,  Need description and picture. Believe it or not I buy most my books based on the cover. I know I'm strange but I've yet to pick a bad one  :eek:

theresam

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, redid the description (I was trying to go for something short and sweet initially) and put up my original cover.  I had originally set up a cover with a friend of mine, but he backed out at the last moment, so I was forced to improv my own, from which my company did a better version (Sorry, for those of you who like flashy covers, but when you're dealing with limited budgets, limited resources, and limited time, I had to work with what I could!)

At any rate, enjoy!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
J, I know you are working with a limited budget, but I cannot for the life of me read the text on your cover. I know it's not my eyes or monitor, both of which are pretty good, so you might want to pick a lighter font for the lettering. Just a thought.

·
Registered
326 Posts
J Dean said:
Alright, redid the description (I was trying to go for something short and sweet initially) and put up my original cover. I had originally set up a cover with a friend of mine, but he backed out at the last moment, so I was forced to improv my own, from which my company did a better version (Sorry, for those of you who like flashy covers, but when you're dealing with limited budgets, limited resources, and limited time, I had to work with what I could!)

At any rate, enjoy!
Well since you went to that much trouble so quick i just spent some of my limited budget and bought the book. :D It will be a while before i get to it though cause ive got several ahead of it. Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome to J Dean.  I looked at your book and grabbed a sample.  Checked out your developing My Space as well.  Hope to purchase soon.  Thanks for the opportunity.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CS said:
J, I know you are working with a limited budget, but I cannot for the life of me read the text on your cover. I know it's not my eyes or monitor, both of which are pretty good, so you might want to pick a lighter font for the lettering. Just a thought.
Oops.... :-[

Wrong cover. It's SUPPOSED to be my current book cover! Let me redo this.

(Man, this is embarrassing... I'm sorry about this, folks...)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
bkworm8it said:
I'm with Lizzy, Need description and picture. Believe it or not I buy most my books based on the cover. I know I'm strange but I've yet to pick a bad one :eek:

theresam
I do the same and wonder how many good books I have dissed but then I have enough to work on for awhile ::)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Anju said:
I do the same and wonder how many good books I have dissed but then I have enough to work on for awhile ::)
So true. Luckily I only do that with Sci-fi/ fantasy or I would have missed the Outlander series!

theresam

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
bkworm8it said:
I'm with Lizzy, Need description and picture. Believe it or not I buy most my books based on the cover. I know I'm strange but I've yet to pick a bad one :eek:

theresam
Really?? I'm the same way when picking a girlfriend ;D ... joking joking. ::)

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
J Dean said:
Oops.... :-[

Wrong cover. It's SUPPOSED to be my current book cover! Let me redo this.

(Man, this is embarrassing... I'm sorry about this, folks...)
I updated the original post with a text and cover link.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you, Harvey.  I'm hunting down the cover art for my print book, as it's easier to read.

(This is what I get for not having a Mac at my place of work... stupid PC...)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Summary:  Welcome to the world of the Vein, a series of novels which detail the travels and adventures of Seven beings who come from Seven different worlds to a mysterious zone called the Meridian. Within this Meridian lies the Vein, a place in which is sealed a power that will be delivered in the form of one wish to whomever can retrieve it. Assisted by some of the Meridian inhabitants-and hunted by others-the Seven travelers, called "Bearers", must endure peril and difficulty in the unfriendly Meridian in order to reach their destination. Seven will come for it... Seven will fight for it... Only one can possess it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts