Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else seeing a marked change in their Also Boughts this morning?

I've had my novel The Heretic on permafree for the last month and with 14000 downloads all of my Also Boughts had changed to mostly free titles.  When I took a look at the product page this morning, however, is see that there are only a handful of freebies (5? maybe 6?) left in my also boughts.  I didn't make any changes on my end that I'm aware of, so I'm wondering if Amazon changed something?

·
Administrator
10,147 Posts
Jnassise said:
Anyone else seeing a marked change in their Also Boughts this morning?

I've had my novel The Heretic on permafree for the last month and with 14000 downloads all of my Also Boughts had changed to mostly free titles. When I took a look at the product page this morning, however, is see that there are only a handful of freebies (5? maybe 6?) left in my also boughts. I didn't make any changes on my end that I'm aware of, so I'm wondering if Amazon changed something?
FWIW, mine haven't changed.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Man, you got me all excited.

Last time this year, a freebie had freebie also-boughts. It was awesome, because it meant that your free book was on also-bought lists of other freebies and it was a lot, lot, lot of visibility! I had a perma-freebie, and it was the first also-bought on Jenny Pox by J. L. Bryan, and everything was awesome. Sales of the rest of the books in the series were great.

Then they crunched something, and freebies all but disappeared from also-bought lists--I still see them occasionally, but they're much fewer and farther between.

My also-boughts look the same. But I do think they recrunch every two days or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts