Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of the alt + letter codes ... like alt+t for time and alt+b for bookmark .... But, is there anywhere that they are all listed? 
Sorry for the inconvenience I know that many of you have been here a while and know them all....
Thank for you help.

:-*

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
KindleKid said:
Any idea why they got rid of most of the alt codes on the K2?
My opinion is that they wanted to make this version of the Kindle as "idiot-proof" as possible so they got rid of loopholes, undocumented features, and so on. This is also why they got rid of the SD card, changed the back so you can't open it up, etc.

Maybe a few things will come back in K3. We'll see.

L

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a K1.  I have seen and touched and played with a K2.  It seems nice and I would have been fine with that... but, I really like my K1 so for now... I'm sticking with it.  I personally like the big page keys and how they press outward....
What I really like about the K2 is how thin it is.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was wondering why I couldn't get the time to come up by using alt+t...I knew I had seen it posted here!  It's because they removed it, then!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hit the menu button and the time/memory left on the K2 will be up on the top bar

·
Registered
740 Posts
Never had a K1 but I am a big fan of using shortcuts, I grew up with excel and always use ctrl B, ctrl V etc.  It would've been fun to be using the alt key on Kindle 2, but I'm not complaining  ;D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Press ALT+G to refresh the screen
ALT +DEL deletes the entire line when entering text in a search field
ALT+B adds a bookmark
SHIFT+SYM starts Text-to-Speech (while in a book)
SPACEBAR opens the search box
ALT+SPACEBAR to play or stop MP3:
ALT+F to Forward to next MP3
ALT+HOME goes to the Kindle store
ALT+SHIFT+G to take screen shots. Screenshots are saved into the documents folder, viewable when the Kindle is attached to the computer

·
Registered
493 Posts
Leslie said:
My opinion is that they wanted to make this version of the Kindle as "idiot-proof" as possible so they got rid of loopholes, undocumented features, and so on. This is also why they got rid of the SD card, changed the back so you can't open it up, etc.

L
Introducing the Kindle 3...

[Demonstrates with Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms]: *pulls string* "In the late summer of that year we lived in a house in a village that looked across the river and"...*pulls string* ..."the plain to the mountains. In the bed of the river there were pebbles and boulders, dry and white in the sun, and the"..

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:

[Demonstrates with Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms]: *pulls string* "In the late summer of that year we lived in a house in a village that looked across the river and"...*pulls string* ..."the plain to the mountains. In the bed of the river there were pebbles and boulders, dry and white in the sun, and the"..
Note to self: No drinking while reading EV's posts. Root Beer coming out through the nose does sting.

·
Registered
493 Posts
DawnOfChaos said:
EV - We're not allowed to have it read to us. snicker.
Reached for comment on the Author's Guild challenge, an Amazon spokesman pulled the string on this response: "The Bezos says...friggit...friggit..."

·
Registered
42 Posts
Leslie said:
My opinion is that they wanted to make this version of the Kindle as "idiot-proof" as possible...
I've had the same opinion from the moment the specs were released.

Encender Vaquero said:

I love it!

Good morning all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I noticed that they got rid of the Alt-nextpage that would jump 20 pages.  Is there another way of skipping ahead a specific number of pages other then the Location lookup (which I don't like using)?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Anniehow said:
I noticed that they got rid of the Alt-nextpage that would jump 20 pages. Is there another way of skipping ahead a specific number of pages other then the Location lookup (which I don't like using)?
Depending on the book, if you're reading, pressing the 5-way to the right will cause it to jump to the next "section" and pressing left will jump to the previous section. Sections are probably defined on a book-by-book basis. If you're in a chapter, pressing right will jump to the next chapter, left to the previous chapter. I found this to be the case in Clive Cussler's Arctic Drift

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Note to self: No drinking while reading EV's posts. Root Beer coming out through the nose does sting.
Also, sweetened iced tea leaves a sticky residue. Wonder if we have any of those alcohol pads one uses to clean glasses. That should take care of the screen.

·
Registered
103 Posts
dcom said:
Depending on the book, if you're reading, pressing the 5-way to the right will cause it to jump to the next "section" and pressing left will jump to the previous section. Sections are probably defined on a book-by-book basis. If you're in a chapter, pressing right will jump to the next chapter, left to the previous chapter. I found this to be the case in Clive Cussler's Arctic Drift
Oooo, I wish all books had that feature, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
493 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Also, sweetened iced tea leaves a sticky residue. Wonder if we have any of those alcohol pads one uses to clean glasses. That should take care of the screen.
I'm not naturally funny, I work for a consortium of electronics insurers and alcohol pad manufacturers, and have a staff of writers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts