Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been putting off my DTBs (the "Twilight" books, a book I have to review for Amazon Vine, and a TON of books from Paperback Swap), because I don't want to read anything that's not on my Kindle!

Anyone else have this problem?!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yep, me too. I hate having to hold the pages.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Now that I've experienced it, I *prefer* to read on the Kindle, but I don't think it will stop be from reading DTB's. I've got too many in a pile that I want to read anyways, so there's no way around it. I still find reading paper books to be a pleasurable experience though. Mmm, paper...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'm with you too - I love my Kindle  ;D

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I haven't read a paper book since I got my K (Oct 08).  Packed up 6 boxes of paperback books and donated them to the Goodwill.  Only kept my favorite hardcovers to look good in my bookshelves.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I will make myself pick up and read this book that's been on my coffee table for 3 weeks.  I refuse to buy it again for my Kindle...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I really prefer to read on my Kindle; however, a friend strong-armed me into trying a pb that she wanted me to read; it was available for the Kindle, but my budget told me to give in & just read it in paper version -since that was free! I am still using the library for some books and some audiobooks (I've gotten an audible account too).

It's budget (3 kids in private college & working in a 'public interest' job) that keeps me from getting everything possible on the Kindle - and of course- there are still way too many books I want to read that are not available in a Kindle version.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also prefer reading with the Kindle. The reading experience on the Kindle is different from that with a printed page artifact. I like the control the Kindle gives me - not having to remember to bookmark, being able to access my books whenever I want, being able to switch immediately from one book or magazine to another.

As a bibliophile, this device is going to save me some serious real-estate. I have a library of several hundred printed page artifacts and I look forward to the day when my library can be held in my hand. I also like the idea that, unless Amazon goes bust, my library is safely backed up.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I just don't like how paperbacks just pile up with me after reading, the Kindle is a space saver

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ONLY want to read on my Kindle, and in fact I feel very odd if I have to read a DTB. 
I have re-purchased many books just for the convenience of the K. I now only consider K versions of books for purchase. If it is something that I can't get on a K, I get it at the library, and If I can't get it there, I just move on.  I still buy some  types that I collect, but that is a whole other area and discussion.
Lettie

·
Registered
137 Posts
MonaSW said:
Me too. I wish the Vine books came in digital format.
Wouldn't that be awesome? I'll look at my Vine books that need to be read, and then pick up my Kindle instead. It's so much easier on my hands.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ephany said:
Wouldn't that be awesome? I'll look at my Vine books that need to be read, and then pick up my Kindle instead. It's so much easier on my hands.
I've thought the same thing! Plus, that way there would be more DTVs for the other Viners to read!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I've been rebuying books for my Kindle that I already own... in fact I bought the book I was in the middle of reading when I got my Kindle for it and finished it on there.  I also buy new books, if I want a physical copy, both in hardback then for my Kindle.  And I'm sitting here wanting to read a book I already have but just can't make myself do it cuz it's not Kindleized yet!  So yeah, don't plan on reading a DTB unless I absolutely have to for school or something.  Otherwise I have enough to read on my Kindle not to have to.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Since I got my Kindle In July the only DTB I have read is my school books. I have so many books I need to find a home for.If I could drive and had a car I would take them to goodwill.

Sanveann I use to trade book on PBS.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts