Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
checks the # of reviews for the Kindle on Amazon on a regular basis just to see how many are there?  It's compulsive for me.... 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I check about once a week....now reviews for my own book, that's a different story.  ;)

L

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I like to read the reviews made by people that do not even own one. It amazes me the gaul
of these.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I've not looked either!  But I've always thought of public forums (not this one of course) to be a bit like having a conversation in a bar with people who've been drinking.  They're not afraid to voice an opinion whether backed by knowledge or not.  ;)

Betsy

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I've not looked either! But I've always thought of public forums (not this one of course) to be a bit like having a conversation in a bar with people who've been drinking. They're not afraid to voice an opinion whether backed by knowledge or not. ;)

Betsy
Betsy,

I think I'll just follow you around and write down everything you have to say.

J

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Kirstin said:
checks the # of reviews for the Kindle on Amazon on a regular basis just to see how many are there? It's compulsive for me....
I usually glance over at the number of reviews and the "in stock" or shipping status (esp. since the Oprah show, just to see how much it affected the stock status LOL) when I'm on the Amazon board, since it shows over on the right hand side of the forums, but I don't actually go and read any reviews or go to the Kindle page. :)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Jeff said:
Betsy,

I think I'll just follow you around and write down everything you have to say.

J
Best not to do that; I do my fair share of drinking, too! ;D

Betsy

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I looked at the number of reviews quite a bit in the first few months. Now I don't look at the quality, but I do - for entertainment (I'm strange that way) - look for the reviews that are non-reviews.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just like to watch the number of reviews grow on a daily basis. 

·
Registered
154 Posts
Soooo . . . how many are there?  I've never looked, but now I may have to next time I'm over there.

Betsy, your bar characterization is right on . . . love it!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I look everyday!  I want to see what people are saying.  I really hate it when people write a review and they don't even have the product.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Avalon said:
Soooo . . . how many are there? I've never looked, but now I may have to next time I'm over there.

Thanks. As I said, I've done my fair share of drinking at the bar, too...

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Avalon said:
Soooo . . . how many are there? I've never looked, but now I may have to next time I'm over there.

As 11/15/08 - 10:07pm CST - 5,480 Kindle Reviews

·
Registered
385 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I've not looked either! But I've always thought of public forums (not this one of course) to be a bit like having a conversation in a bar with people who've been drinking. They're not afraid to voice an opinion whether backed by knowledge or not. ;)

Betsy
Hey! Why that's not true at all *hic*! I'll have you know that my little Skinderella can contact Jeff Bezos himself, display screensavers in color, and can tell me when the clothes are ready to come out of the dryer!

Bartender, another round over here for my highly knowledgeable opinion spouting friends and me.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Teninx said:
Put us all together in a bar, whaddya get?

A bar full of literate drunks!

In Kindle T-shirts, no less.
that actually sounds fun to me!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts