Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Simon Chambers recently put out his first book, Keepers of the Gateway to Hell. (Cover in Sig) It is about his second tour in Iraq and reads like a fiction novel. It is an amazing true story about the dangers troops face, cap badge in fighting, running gun battles, car chases and shows an amazing positive side of Iraq that you don't see in the news. The reason I am posting is because I worked on the edits, the cover and the promotion plan for the book. Simon wrote the book to highlight what is happening out there and to remember many friends that he lost during the book, but doesn't actually like talking himself up. So, I am going to take over and do it for him, lol. His book has been out for four days and in the first day became an instant U.S best seller and climbed to #5 in the U.K for Middle East, which is amazing. His sales have been out of his world. Outselling all of my books in only two days. I cannot say enough good things about this book. I have never had first week sales on the scale that he has seen. I know people like John Locke would have, lol, but has anyone experienced just amazing first week sales? Do your books go on to do well or is the first week the peak? My books tend to start slow and then do well, but this is my first experience at seeing a book fly off the shelf with such little promotion. Not sure what to expect over the coming weeks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dara England said:
Congrats to your friend. :)
Ditto.

Can you share some hard numbers with us?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts