Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some here know, I have spent my summers for the last 4 years in San Francisco helping to care for my grandmother. I even flew out last week when she ended up in the hospital for pneumonia. I am going to be gone from KB for a few days again, she passed away 2 hours ago in her sleep at the hospital. Her name was Grace.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Oh no, I am so sorry Bev.  Thank you for sharing your Grandma with us here at KB, especially all the wonderful tales while we were in the chat room.  I am glad her passing was peaceful.

I pray you all find comfort during your grief and great joy in the blessing of so many happy memories. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Bev, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I've kept up (to some extent) with your travels to be with her, and I know how much she meant to you (and can only imagine how important you were to her). Have a safe trip out to S.F.  (Love your choice of music.)

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Seamonkey said:
I'm so sorry.. but I'm thinking you will never regret having been so involved in her care.. that is just precious forever.
How true. I was able to be there for my sister as she dealt with all of her cancer issues over the years, and I am really glad that my administrators were supportive so that I could leave work. Although there were times that I was mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted, I would do it all again in a heartbeat. Bev, you were there so much for Grace that I'm sure she appreciated you more than you know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts