Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Content removed due to TOS Change of 2018. I do not agree to the terms.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Ugh, yeah.

To the new owners of Kboards: We don't like it. Kboards is founded on the family values of a man we all admired and respected, let's try to keep it nice and not just take any dollars thrown at you please?

Otherwise I'm pretty sure you will find your membership diminishing rather than increasing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm totally disappointed. Not a Ukrainian woman in sight.  8)

·
Registered
New crime fiction series.
3,523 Posts
I've never seen a skeezy ad on Kboards. I see ads based on Google snooping around my cookies so right now that's foam pillows, Ring video doorbell, and Nest.  ;D

Do you share your computer with someone else? Or maybe if AdSense can't find an ad based on search results it winds up serving that stuff. I believe there is an option for Kboards to not show those type of ads at all. Might be something they can look into. There is a feedback forum on Kboards where you can offer suggestions for the site. Not sure if the new owners are checking it but Harvey did.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Maybe kboards is hinting you should write a book from a mail order bride's POV?

I keep getting writing software ad's. I know my grammar needs help but seriously its going to give me a complex.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Alan Petersen said:
I've never seen a skeezy ad on Kboards. I see ads based on Google snooping around my cookies...
Same.

Here are the ads I've seen over the last 10 minutes:

(Saw Mean Girls on Broadway a few weeks ago.)

(Because... business.)

Good grief. What kinds of sites are some of you visiting these days? lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
Evenstar said:
I'm getting nothing BUT Ukrainian women! I'm starting to wonder why...
I get the charming singles on my tablet (like now) where I don't have an ad blocker installed, but not on my laptop which is ad blocked. Off to install ad blockers everywhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
LilyBLily said:
I see tacky clickbait ads now (gossipy "You'll never believe..." stuff) on my iPhone when I access this site, but I never sign in on my iPhone, and I don't run AdBlockPlus on it, either. Guess one or both would help. I've also noticed it takes two clicks, not one, to get away from a thread that has these ads.

This has been extensively discussed with the new owners on that other thread. It appears they feel they have a mandate to run any ads they want if we don't sign in. Clearly they have been making an effort to make the ads relevant to the site once we do sign in. Writer's Digest has always run ads from vanity presses, as I recall, and AARP has skeevy hearing aid ads and the like in its magazines, too. So there's certainly precedent for running ads from service providers, whether questionable or otherwise. Ukrainian brides might be termed service providers, too, I suppose...ouch.
This. I see all kinds of weird things on my phone and tablet, probably because I'm not logged in, to the point where I stopped checking. I use ad blockers on my PC, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to see when logged in.

·
Registered
641 Posts
C. Gold said:
I use ad blockers and try to support this site by clicking on the book links in authors' signatures because those give them a bit of an affiliate income when I buy the book.
Same here!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

1 - 20 of 28 Posts