Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might want to check the Sales tab of your Author Central page. Here is what they have on mine:

Sales Info

We are experiencing a delay in updating your sales info. Rest assured that we are working to update this page as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Yes, this was on another thread, some time ago, but I can't find that thread. At any rate, I'm curious as to how many other authors have this notice on their sales tab.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't think it applies to BookScan.  BookScan only updates on Fridays.  If I'm reading it right, it specifically pertains only to KDP editions.  That edition of my book should be listed at the top of my page, and isn't... it's the sales error, then the print edition, then the BookScan info.

Similar thing, I use the Amazon Sales Ranking software to automatically check my sales rankings, and it kept saying it couldn't connect to my book.  This has been since last night.  Wonder if the two issues are connected?

G

·
Obviously they're trying to break the addiction for all the idiots who check their sales numbers every 10 minutes.  :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've got the same message.

I only check my sales every half hour when I'm editing. Having said that - back to editing!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I have the message too,  but I have had sales show up over on my KDP page.  I think there was some discussion before if this only pertains to the rank shown on the sales info page of author central.  While I've had a few sales, the rank hasn't changed at all.  Who knows.  I just wonder why it keeps showing up.  I think it appeared last week, too.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
That could explain my rank-jump with no accompanying sale.

·
Registered
311 Posts
ShaunaG said:
I have the message but I've seen new sales today as well, strange.
Ditto. I've had the message (henceforth, to be capitalized: "The Message"; when capitalized you may imagine it is said in a deep, echoing voice, and immediately followed by an ominous organ chord) since yesterday. Things are really wonky. My sales rank doesn't seem to reflect my sales. But my sales seem to take forever to update. Who knows? Hopefully, they'll fix it soon and The Message (did you hear it?) will be gone and everything will be all right in Kindleland.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I guess they have us spoiled with our up-to-the-minute reporting.  I just started another thread freaking out about my sales not showing up, even after I bought one myself as a test.  Now I see I was looking in the wrong place for any indication of a sales reporting error.  I mean, why post a helpful message like that in the primary Kindle sales reporting tool at KDP, when you can bury it on a tab nobody ever goes to in AuthCentral?  ???

By the way, I don't think it's a bad idea for folks to check their sales repeatedly--last week, one of my books was inadvertantly made unavailable to US customers, and I wouldn't have noticed for days if I hadn't been obsessively checking KDP...

--Maria

·
Registered
586 Posts
MikeAngel said:
Obviously they're trying to break the addiction for all the idiots who check their sales numbers every 10 minutes. :D
Good grief. is that the time? Ten minutes gone already:)

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
My sales dropped to zero (from 4/5/6/7 a day) yesterday. Then I noticed this today.

The last time this happened was a week or two ago. Then they came in a little flurry but didn't quite make up the usual numbers.

I've said it before, but it would be nice if we had some kind of independent verification of the numbers that Amazon give us.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
dgaughran said:
I've said it before, but it would be nice if we had some kind of independent verification of the numbers that Amazon give us.
Indeed. I commented in a KDP community thread about discrepancies between rank changes and sales results. I had had a situation where a friend with an associates account registered a sale of my novel on a day when KDP said there was none. Which report is right? Hmmm...

1 - 20 of 104 Posts