Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I don't use them anymore but, last year my best results came using exact or phrase. Exact proved the best choice for me for most keywords. I don't imagine broad is all that useful in these days of high cost bids.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The advice from Amazon courses is to start with all three match cases on and then turn off those that yield poor results. The same keyword can yield very different performance depending on the match case. You could end up switching one match case off whilst increasing the bid on another, all for the same keyword!

Look on the bright side, turning on all three effectively triples the number of keywords. What have you to lose?

·
Registered
462 Posts
The advice from Amazon courses is to start with all three match cases on and then turn off those that yield poor results. The same keyword can yield very different performance depending on the match case. You could end up switching one match case off whilst increasing the bid on another, all for the same keyword!

Look on the bright side, turning on all three effectively triples the number of keywords. What have you to lose?
Turning all 3 will cost you and blow your money fast especially if you choose "broad match"

·
Registered
414 Posts
+1 for what @markpauloleksiw said. having all three on will blow your budget. Tried that more than once, and broad matches were my worst performing each time and ate a chunk of the wallet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I could manage your ads for a price. Managing 4 clients right now on UpWork :) I offer my services to writers cafe at 8 USD an hour instead of my traidtional 35 an hour. Private message me if you're interested :) don't wanna muck up the boards with my profile linked everywhere.

The answer is you should be using all three! However, yes, you may eat your budget... they all convert differently, mind you. As Malcolm here suggests, definitely put your bid low and grow at your own pace...

If you want 'easy sales' that don't cost a lot of money, I would suggest you browse around AMZ and look for covers or books that are visually / narrative close to your own. Seriously. You will get ACOS as low as three percent or better!

AMZ ads are not super complicated but they can be rather time consuming and scary to learn. Ultimately though if you're an author they're your best tool to acquire new sales and readers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you want 'easy sales' that don't cost a lot of money, I would suggest you browse around AMZ and look for covers or books that are visually / narrative close to your own. Seriously. You will get ACOS as low as three percent or better!
My principal problem is that my books are off-beat. They're about the world many decades after a financial Armageddon has taken down our society. There are only 2 or 3 other successful Indies who are writing about financial apocalypse. I've been focusing on the dystopian aspect, although again this is a problem as true dystopian books are not that common and are mostly written by trad-published authors.

If you've any suggestions for this situation (apart from "try writing to market", and I do get that point) it would be valued. Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My principal problem is that my books are off-beat. They're about the world many decades after a financial Armageddon has taken down our society. There are only 2 or 3 other successful Indies who are writing about financial apocalypse. I've been focusing on the dystopian aspect, although again this is a problem as true dystopian books are not that common and are mostly written by trad-published authors.

If you've any suggestions for this situation (apart from "try writing to market", and I do get that point) it would be valued. Cheers.
Hi, you should email me at [email protected] and send me your book. I'll look it over... there is a lot that you can do to get it to the right people. It sounds like you have some experience with the advertising platform but yeah there's so many strategies you can utilize.

I only come on here once in a while :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts