Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What level of success have Kboarders found with Amazon ads that target comparable books by their ASINs? I've been out of the ads game for a while, and I've never tried this. Despite a lot of research online, I've had trouble finding much about the process as it relates specifically to KDP author ads.

It seems that ASINs can be used as keywords now in sponsored product ads, when that wasn't a option before, but I'm not sure. Also, there is now a way to use sponsored product ads and directly target similar books by categories or specific even book ASINs. If my understanding is correct, which approach works best? Also, any tips you are willing to pass on about the process would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Product Targeting's been around for a while. You'll use the Asin or Category as a Product Targeting campaign, not as a keyword. Some authors swear by it, but others can never get them to turn on. Check out Robert J. Ryan's Ams ads book. He's an author that only uses Asin targeting.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
鬼 said:
Product Targeting's been around for a while. You'll use the Asin or Category as a Product Targeting campaign, not as a keyword. Some authors swear by it, but others can never get them to turn on. Check out Robert J. Ryan's Ams ads book. He's an author that only uses Asin targeting.
Thanks. I'll check out the book.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Personally I found ASIN targetting to be a pain. It's time-consuming to gather all the ASINs. Whenever I reviewed the results it was time-consuming again to identify the ASINs against the book titles. In any case I did not get good results.

The only time AMS has worked at all for me was in conjuction with a promotion - and it's not clear how well they worked.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Whenever I reviewed the results it was time-consuming again to identify the ASINs against the book titles. In any case I did not get good results.
usually you would keep track of them in a spreadsheet (asin, title, and other information in other columsn), then export your asin based results and automatically match them up with titles through vlookup (or whatever other information you would want to use).

Once set up,monthly reporting is just a checklist. Vlookup itself is a little hump to learn, it is best to ask a friend for help that one time.

·
Registered
716 Posts
MalcolmJWardlaw said:
Personally I found ASIN targetting to be a pain. It's time-consuming to gather all the ASINs. Whenever I reviewed the results it was time-consuming again to identify the ASINs against the book titles. In any case I did not get good results.

The only time AMS has worked at all for me was in conjuction with a promotion - and it's not clear how well they worked.
It was a lot harder to do before, yes, but we now have the search term tab that includes the book covers and hyperlinks to each of your targets. Have you checked that out yet?

·
Registered
111 Posts
鬼 said:
It was a lot harder to do before, yes, but we now have the search term tab that includes the book covers and hyperlinks to each of your targets. Have you checked that out yet?
Nope. As I said, I didn't get results with ASIN targetting. Something may be doable, that doesn't mean I'm going to waste time on it. I stick with keywords and have had good results when combined with promos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts