Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Amazon Advertising - When Do You Pause a Campaign?

What criterias do you look to pause a campaign? Do you look at LIFETIME stats or past 30 days and no sales? What is best recommended before deciding to pause a campaign?

I like to give it lifetime and if it doesn't make a sale after a $5 test, i pause the campaign...or if if made sales in the past but eventually the acos (after improving search terms) still has a 60% or higher acos, i decide to pause. what about you guys? Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I suppose it depends on your bid amount, but $5 in ads is a small sample. I usually give it at least a couple of weeks, and my daily per ad runs anywhere from $1 to $10 per day. If you are new to AMS you'll need to know why the ad failed or you won't be able to improve it. That's not to say you should keep running a dog, but I've run campaigns that I just set $100 off on it's own to see where we could get. A couple of bucks here and there might not give you any evidence.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I tend to run at least until I hit about 50$ in spend and check targeting CTRs before I decide to pause. I'm willing to run up higher ACOS (80%+) because the ones I'm showing tend to be series with pretty decent read-through rates, so a higher ACOS on the first book is acceptable.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear your different perspectives on testing out much more. I have a ton of books and do all kinds of ads (ebook, paperback, auto, manual, using multiple manual ads) so do tend to test small...but after this, i may consider testing out much higher.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Don't pause campaigns, pause keywords instead. Give it 10 clicks per keyword to make a sale. 15 max if you really believe in that keyword. To know how much you'll spend multiply number of keywords * CPC * 10. Pause losers. Copy Winners to exact match campaign.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts