Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get an invite to the Amazon Author Beta? Got an email earlier, including:

We invite you to take a special sneak peek at the beta of Amazon Author, the new Author Central experience.

Amazon Author offers a one-stop solution for personalizing your Amazon Author Profile, managing your books, and more around the world. Log in once and you'll be able to update your Amazon Author Page in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, India and Japan with biographies in each language. With a new-and-improved site design, Amazon Author works beautifully on your smartphone and tablet as well as your computer.

During the beta period, you'll still access some features, such as Sales Rank, U.S. Nielsen BookScan sales data, and Customer Reviews, via Author Central while we work on migrating each to Amazon Author.
So far it looks intriguing. Nice functionality and easy to update bio and picture. Similar functionality to the usual Author Central, though the interface looks a little slicker and faster to respond. Some of the functionality isn't ported over yet, but it looks promising. Other reactions?

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One nifty function I don't remember seeing from Author Central--the ability to jump to your author page on several Amazon sites:

Also, you can update your bio quickly on several sites, but it doesn't seem to auto-translate from English to other languages.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Jim Johnson said:
Anyone else get an invite to the Amazon Author Beta? Got an email earlier, including:

So far it looks intriguing. Nice functionality and easy to update bio and picture. Similar functionality to the usual Author Central, though the interface looks a little slicker and faster to respond. Some of the functionality isn't ported over yet, but it looks promising. Other reactions?
haven't been invited yet, but now I'm eager!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Not had an invitation, but it looks promising. I never bothered posting a bio on sites like the Japanese one because I could never work out how to get to Author Central on them - looks like it will be much easier with the new dashboard.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I haven't gotten the invitation yet, but I'm glad to hear my procrastination on setting up non-US Author Central accounts is paying off. Just like when I procrastinated on buying Vellum and D2D came through with an excellent, free formatter. I wonder what else I should be procrastinating on?  :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Got the invite and thinking of trying it out, but do any of you who have joined know--can you merge more than three pen names under the same account now? Or did they keep that rule of only three per account?

UPDATE-- Amazon responded way fast! But unfortunately, more than three pen names under one account is still not an option. So that's not super helpful. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.