Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post much but I do read the boards a lot. I just want to thank those of you who started this forum as a friendly place to get Kindle info. I check the Amazon boards and those folks are downright mean! So we all ask stupid questions or ask a question that *gasp* has been asked before. But come on. Is it necessary to get ripped apart when you do it? So again, thank you to Leslie and Harvey and all of the other mods for making this a safe place to be. You are appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
I, too, jumped ship as soon as I found this board. There are many things that I did not like about the Amazon boards, including the mistreatment of learners. Since there is no indexing there, trying to find answers is difficult and some of us are "gasp" required to work to support our kindle addiction!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,456 Posts
Thank you so much for taking the time to post that.

I can't speak for Amazon boards - I've only peeked over there once - but I can say that this forum seems to naturally have a tone that is friendly, welcoming, and good-natured. All of you make it a pleasure for me and the mod's..!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
Glad you decided to join us Wicked! I spent about 12 hours "over there" and that was all I could take. I came over here November 1st and only ventured back once and decided I didn't need it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Welcome Wicked and Sem. I was lurker at Amazon boards for 4 month, since I got my kindle. It wasn't like now. Everyone was very nice. It is sad to see how it is now. Since I came here, I hardly go there now.  :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Wicked said:
I don't post much but I do read the boards a lot. I just want to thank those of you who started this forum as a friendly place to get Kindle info. I check the Amazon boards and those folks are downright mean! So we all ask stupid questions or ask a question that *gasp* has been asked before. But come on. Is it necessary to get ripped apart when you do it? So again, thank you to Leslie and Harvey and all of the other mods for making this a safe place to be. You are appreciated!
Ditto!! Thank you, Wicked, for expressing the very same sentiment that I and I'm sure many others here feel. This forum is great (and if it wasn't for Leslie's so called SP*M, I never would have even known this great site existed :D)!

-X-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,128 Posts
I agree about the Amazon Boards lately the people are mean. When I first got my Kindle in July there we a  lot of nice people there who helped  me. I was so happy to follow Leslie here and find those friends who help me here. I am so happy to find this group were I can ask a question without feelling stupid. ;D ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Jeez, I haven't posted over there for a while, and don't read the boards much since coming over here to KB. I was on the Amazon board since last December reading, lurking and finally posting.  I think I'm swearing off that board, tho.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
I am still looking over there on a regular basis and trying to post nice, helpful answers to questions. I do agree, the tone has changed in recent weeks and it's a shame. Oh well, I am glad we have this place. It's much nicer, we can post pictures and it is searchable! Yahoo!

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
I had been going to the amazon board since I got my Kindle in February but lately it has just gotten so mean spirited and nasty that I occassionally look and might answer a question or two but don't stay for long. I am glad we have this board now as it is a much calmer and nicer place to be!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
I was over there today and left and promise not to return.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
Leslie said:
I am still looking over there on a regular basis and trying to post nice, helpful answers to questions. I do agree, the tone has changed in recent weeks and it's a shame. Oh well, I am glad we have this place. It's much nicer, we can post pictures and it is searchable! Yahoo!

L
Yahoo is a different service.... ;D

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,791 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,748 Posts
Yeah, I've given up on the Amazon boards, as well. Even on boards where the folks are sensible and nice, as was mentioned earlier in this thread there isn't any way to search or do anything else - each thread is a big stream of consciousness.

And then there's absolutely no adult supervision: any time a "poison pill" drops in, you're kinda stuck...

Anyway, thank you for Kindleboards! :)

Cheers,
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,456 Posts
^ Thanks for that feedback.

I wish there was a way of letting more like-minded folks over in those boards know about these boards... without being accused of spamming those boards.

Maybe we could post a friendly tip that there are DecalGirl skins to be won over here. Some will come just for the drawings, but the ones that feel more comfortable here will probably stay.

The more the merrier over here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Someone just started a thread wondering if Amazon would do anything for Kindle's first birthday, which gave me the perfect excuse to invite him over here....LOL.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
Leslie said:
Someone just started a thread wondering if Amazon would do anything for Kindle's first birthday, which gave me the perfect excuse to invite him over here....LOL.

L
...and here I was thinking Kevin Parsons was a plant ;D
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top