Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Joined
·
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
==============================================================================
Update to 2.8.2: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,69799.msg1291032.html#msg1291032
Fixes a few different bugs.
==============================================================================

By Now, I'm sure you are all tired of seeing these posts. But I need to make sure everyone is up to date with ABR (trust me, Facebook is tired of me too!) With the release of 2.8 comes one of the coolest features in ABR as of yet. Book Information, Instead of explaining it, I'd like this screenshot to explain:

And if the screenshot wasn't enough to tell, the Book Information addon takes any book in your list with at least 1 review and allows you to view it's stars, percentage, and most recent review!

Not only does ABR now feature Book Info, it has the revamped user interface, which was a change in 2.5 but there was not a screenshot of it. So... Here:


2.8 Will be auto downloaded from anyone who has a copy of ABR already.
And if you don't... Why not?! Get it at http://www.amazonrankings.com/

Kristian
 
Joined
·
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G

·
I tried to install it and it said I needed NET. I don't want to mess with NET again, as it caused me all sorts of grief once before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,107 Posts
Hey, I'm glad to hear it's working again! I was sad to hear Amazon had locked out external apps.

I'd love to see this as an Android app. :D

ETA: That was 'love to' as in 'I think it'd be cool' as opposed to, 'I think you should sink lots of time and effort into a whim of mine'. Clarified because I've been a programmer, too, and dealt with people making unreasonable requests and getting grouchy at being refused.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Thanks! This looks like a great tool. I did find one little problem. When I checked the Book Information option, the name of the reviewer didn't match the review. And when I went from one book to another, it displayed the review from the previous book with a new reviewer's name. Is there some setting I was supposed to change when changing books?

Anyway, thanks a bunch!

TL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,392 Posts
MikeAngel said:
I tried to install it and it said I needed NET. I don't want to mess with NET again, as it caused me all sorts of grief once before.
I develop programs using dotnet, and it's fine to install. In fact, it's already included on Windows Vista and 7 (and I think it's installed with Windows XP SP3, but I may be wrong there.)

It's much more likely the program you were trying to install was at fault.
 
Joined
·
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tommie Lyn said:
Thanks! This looks like a great tool. I did find one little problem. When I checked the Book Information option, the name of the reviewer didn't match the review. And when I went from one book to another, it displayed the review from the previous book with a new reviewer's name. Is there some setting I was supposed to change when changing books?

Anyway, thanks a bunch!

TL
No, that is a bug you found lol. I will look into it asap. I have to fix an error with some file structures plaguing windows 7 users. At which point, I will look into this error as well. Thank you for the feedback.

Oh, and as far as an Android app, I've already thought about it and am in the preliminary stages of dev. :)

Kristian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
K-Dalglish said:
No, that is a bug you found lol. I will look into it asap. I have to fix an error with some file structures plaguing windows 7 users. At which point, I will look into this error as well. Thank you for the feedback.
You're welcome, and thanks again for all your work to produce this great tool.

TL
 
Joined
·
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lynn ODell said:
You rock, Kristian! ;D

And, I finally remembered to donate. I really appreciate your work on this program. ;)

For those who don't know, you can click the "About ABR" in the lower right corner of the program and a box will come up that contains a "Donate" button. 8)
Well thank you Lynn!

and I will be getting in touch with you about Writer's Radio soon too!

Kristian
 
Joined
·
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tommie Lyn said:
You're welcome, and thanks again for all your work to produce this great tool.

TL
I Changed a few things with the error you were finding, mainly the order in which it does things. And it appears that maybe it was a mis-communication between you and my program. The program looks through the customer reviews section, like if you click the link that says (11 Customer Reviews) and then click "Newest First" on the blue bar above the first real review.It uses those. If you could, double check that the book information is in fact pulling the newest review first for each book. Cause from my end during tests it seems to be doing that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
K-Dalglish said:
I Changed a few things with the error you were finding, mainly the order in which it does things. And it appears that maybe it was a mis-communication between you and my program. The program looks through the customer reviews section, like if you click the link that says (11 Customer Reviews) and then click "Newest First" on the blue bar above the first real review.It uses those. If you could, double check that the book information is in fact pulling the newest review first for each book. Cause from my end during tests it seems to be doing that.
I went to the book's page on Amazon, clicked See All 15 Customer Reviews, then clicked Newest First. Then I went into Book Information for that book (right clicked on the book's listing in Amazon Book Ranking software). But it still mixed the title/reviewer/review. The reviewer name and review title were the from the latest review, but the review text was from an older review. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...
 
Joined
·
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tommie Lyn said:
I went to the book's page on Amazon, clicked See All 15 Customer Reviews, then clicked Newest First. Then I went into Book Information for that book (right clicked on the book's listing in Amazon Book Ranking software). But it still mixed the title/reviewer/review. The reviewer name and review title were the from the latest review, but the review text was from an older review. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...
I don't think you are doing anything wrong, could be a fluke I'm not seeing. I'll look at it in more detail :)

Kristian
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top