Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff Bezos posted an apology on the main Amazon.com homepage. (It's not there anymore, that I can see.)

Quote:
"We had high hopes for the Kindle before its launch, but we didn't expect the demand that actually materialized. We sold out in the first 5 1/2 hours and have been scrambling to increase our manufacturing capacity ever since. We've been shipping on a first-come, first-served basis, but many customers have had to wait as long as six weeks after ordering,.

We hope to be able to announce to you within the next few weeks that we're back in stock and that when you order a Kindle, we'll ship it to you that very same day. That's our goal: order today, and we ship today. Until then, customers can order now, and they'll be first in line.

For those of you who've waited six weeks to get your Kindle, you have our sincere thanks for your patience. Many of you have written detailed and thoughtful customer reviews, and we're grateful for that too."

LINK

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Lots of buzz over on the Amazon boards right now that Kindles are shipping again. Apparently folks who ordered between 2/24 and 3/7 got notices that they will receive their Kindles between 4/14 and 4/21.

I wonder when they'll catch up on the backlog. Dare I hope soon?

MW

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Checking the boards this morning, folks who ordered on 3/25 have gotten notices. So it really seems that Kindles are shipping at a faster rate than they have been for awhile.

Still patiently waiting...

MW

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you check out Amazon's home page, there is a new letter from the CEO.
The gist of is that they are now in stock, they have more books than ever and they want you to read reviews from people who own them. There is also a section about Amazon's letter to shareholders.
Apparently Mr. CEO would never usually link to this from the homepage, but its all about Kindle, so he figures we'll be interested!  ;)

This is good news for people who have ordered or who want to order a Kindle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts