Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, most of our links to Amazon are affiliate links, and when you buy (anything) on Amazon after using those links, the site gets a small commission.

And you all have been *wonderful* about using our Link Maker to make text links and image links to Amazon. Thank you!

I want to let you know about a policy change from Amazon: effective this week, they are no longer paying affiliate payments for Kindle Book purchases.

That's disappointing, because this site and our members do a lot to spread the word about all those great Kindle books out there! And those affiliate payments help to pay for the operation of this site.

Anyway, we do ask that you continue to use affiliate links (such as those made by Link Maker) when you post about books. Even though we don't get commission from those anymore, the site will receive credit for any other (non-Kindle book) purchases that people may occasionally make after getting to Amazon through a KindleBoards affiliate link.

So, no changes are required or asked for on your part! Just wanted to let you know.

- Harvey

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Thanks, Harvey, I for one will get to Amazon through our links whenever I'm going to buy something for one of the grandkids or their families....

And I love the book links--it's so eeeeeeaaaassssyyy to find good books through Kindleboards!!!  So even though they don't directly benefit the site, they benefit our members!  And if we continue off from the Kindle book link to buy something else, that still benefits the site, right?

Betsy

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
My main concern about your post is the success of Kindle Boards.  Harvey, you and the moderators put in a lot of your own time.  I don't know that I have ever thanked all of you, but it is wonderful to be able to spend time here.  Now it seems a funding source is gone.  Is there something that Kindle Board members can do to assist in defraying costs?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
^^I have the same question.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
chynared21 said:
Other than us buying non Kindle items through the affiliate link, maybe Harvey could set up a PayPal donation button or something like that.
I am for the PayPal idea if it would help.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, I must say you all are incredibly kind to think of that. I know a lot of sites do that.

I really don't think we have to, here. We're such an active board, and if we continue to grow as we have, I think you can all be assured that KB is going to be around for a looooooong time!!

- Harvey

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
We are an active board due to all the time and effort put in by the moderators and a great administrator named Harvey.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Tippy said:
... the moderators put in a lot of your own time. I don't know that I have ever thanked all of you, but it is wonderful to be able to spend time here.
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
intinst said:
We are an active board due to all the time and effort put in by the moderators and a great administrator named Harvey.
What he said :D

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Me too... Thank you Harvey and mods. This is the longest I've ever stayed at a board and felt like I was part of it!!

theresam

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
But seriously Harvey,
If you find that KB is in need of financing, I am sure that we all would be more than willing to payforservice.  And this is the best service I have had in a long time.  The other forums are either silentasagrave or cloggedwithstuff.  You provide an efficient and attractive full-featured service and the mods keep it from getting clogged. 
Anyway, Just sayin.......

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It is a shame about the change in the policy in affiliate payments for Kindle books.  I wonder if the active clicking on this site was more than they expected?

I truly enjoy the time I spend at Kindleboards, and am grateful for the wonderful moderators.  You continue to set the right tone with your gentle reminders, when needed, and do a great job keeping the boards organized.

If the need arises for additional funding, I would also be in support of a Paypal link for donations. To me, it is like donating to the local listener-supported radio station.  If I benefit from something, I don't mind helping to contribute so that it continues to be available.

I would like to say that I save money by visiting here, with the info on free books, bargain books, deals & discounts, etc.  But, alas, all that went out the window when I visited the Accessory board.  ;D

I do a lot of my on-line shopping through Amazon; I will start here before doing so for future purchases.

·
Registered
294 Posts
This is a great forum full of great people and hard-working, generous moderators.  Thank you for creating this amazing place.  I would support a PayPal donation opportunity, if the need arises.  Thanks, Harvey.  :) :) :)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
It's a shame that Amazon is not going to pay the affiliates for Kindle book purchases.  I have gotten in the habit of going through one of the affiliate links here any time I am browsing over at Amazon.  So KindleBoards is still getting some financial support from that.  I would also support the boards through a PayPal link.
Thanks to everyone for what you do.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'll keep buying my dogs treats through here then ;)  And he's spoiled rotten.

That's a real shame about the Kindle commissions.  Considering all that is accessed through this board, it doesn't seem really fair.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I shop Amazon throughout the year and heavily at Christmas for grandkids, friends, relatives gifts. I use the link here for my purchases although I admit there have been a few times I forgot. It is a habit now to come here for Amazon.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you so much for those comments.

The best way to support these boards is through the use of our various affiliate links into Amazon. Thank you for doing that!

We have also added a (hopefully subtle) donate button at the bottom of the boards, in response to several generous requests. Please feel free to ignore that. And if you are inclined to use it, know that we appreciate your support in keeping our servers humming (well, most of the time!) and the site available for us all.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts