Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a friend of mine from Tiawan and we were joking about her translating one of my novels if I ever get it finished. I said i would as soon as there is a Chinese speaking amazon store. She just checked and there is  :eek: www.amazon.cn

Has anyone come across this before? Is it new or does it just not have a kindle store yet?

Since Chinese is the most widely spoken language in the world, why's it not available for us to publish ebooks onto?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not sure whether KDP works in China. They do restrict information on the Net- Facebook and Twitter for example aren't allowed and what is there is heavily censored. So a totally free eBook marketplace where writers can put up books the authorities may consider offensive would run counter to their overall approach to free access on the net. But if it does work exactly as it does elsewhere, I agree it's a huge opportunity - just not sure how big ereaders or reading habit on tablets is.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I hadn't thought of the censorship issue.

In the rest of the world there's still a large population of Chinese speakers though so I still might persue the translation idea but I'll have to explore thoroughly as I'm nt sure if Chinese characters are supported on kindles....and if they're not what PDFs would come out like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts