Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazon truly sets the bar for customer service.  As you know my daughter's kindle KiKi died yesterday on her way back to Chicago. She FedEx it back to me. I called the Kindle customer service this morning. My wait time was less than a minute. The representative took me thru the steps to reset the kindle. Unfortunately it didn't not work So she quickly put in the order for a replacement kindle to be shipped out. I will have it tomorrow. Where else can you get a replacement item without first returning the original item? I have thirty days to return the damaged item but I will be send it out this afternoon. I love AMAZON!

whoops ~ sorry did not see other CS thread.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes luv,  :D  :D

I can order her complete set of Decals~ she is going with the Pink Plaid for Kiki, her iphone and her laptop. I am patiently waiting for the Quest skin. i only check the site every hour

·
Registered
126 Posts
ladyknight33 said:
Where else can you get a replacement item without first returning the original item?
Er, most places :) I haven't done anything other than cross-shipping (then send you a new one right away, you ship them the old within 2-4 weeks) for the last 20 years, save for once and that company's now out of business.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've always held amazon in the highest regard because of their customer service. Anytime i buy an expensive item i go through them, even if the price is a little more (which it usually isn't)

·
Registered
904 Posts
I totally agree. I got my Kindle2, after waiting since November, It wouldn't charge. I called Customer Support and they were very nice.  The woman said she would ship one out that day and I'd have it the next day.  I did have it the next day. I am a customer for life....
jp

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have to agree. I spent very little time on the phone to get my replacement. I do have to say that while the rep I spoke with was very friendly but she was also either very new or hadn't been trained to deal with the Kindle 2. She instructed me to restart the Kindle and I asked how to restart since I had just received it but she said I don't know and took a minute or two to get instructions on how to restart.  That is pretty much how the entire conversation went. I think she was so quick to send me a replacement rather than troubleshoot the problem because she didn't know what she was doing.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I agree, I've had nothing but positive experiences with the Amazon customer service people. Any time I've had minor problems, they've made sure to get them corrected promptly. I think a lot of companies fail to realize how important good customer service is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree about great customer service. I had bought my Kindle used and explained this to Amazon (kindle wouldn't hold a charge). They looked up the original owner info. Since the kindle was less then a year old they sent me a new one which I received the next day. At most I was expecting instructions on sending my kindle back for repair and paying for labor cost etc since I wasn't the original owner.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Crodley said:
I feel so left out because I haven't needed to call CS. Ok, I don't feel bad about that really. ;)
You could just call to chat. "Hi Customer Service. How ya doing today? Nice weather in your neck of the woods?" I'm sure they'd be pleased to not have to deal with another unhappy/confused Kindle owner. ;) ;)

L

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Ive needed to return a couple things to Amazon, and thier CS is one of the best I've found, kudos to Amazon for setting the bar so high

·
Registered
740 Posts
Leslie said:
You could just call to chat. "Hi Customer Service. How ya doing today? Nice weather in your neck of the woods?" I'm sure they'd be pleased to not have to deal with another unhappy/confused Kindle owner. ;) ;)

L
I wonder what kind of a response he/she will get from the CS person.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I just got off the phone with Amazon CS. Love the fact I can have them call me. Anyway, I had ordered a movie on Monday, for delivery on Tuesday (Beverly Hills Chihuahua if anybody is interested) UPS was unable to deliver it yesterday for some reason (it had been out for delivery..something must have happened to the truck. Hope my driver is ok)

Amazon refunded my $3.99 shipping charge and apologized I was unable to get my movie yesterday.

B

·
0 Posts
Just have to say, I was a bit skeptical about all the great stories of Amazon CS. Today, I had to call them myself. My daughter's charger tip got damaged (she was not exactly clear how it happened). It was completely unusable as the metal part is completely broken off of the end. I used the call me now feature. Less than 30 sec. wait time. No questions asked other than warranty time related. They are shipping this:
as a replacement with one day shipping. It should be here on Monday.

Can you say WOW? Only expected a replacement of the original charger.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
Just have to say, I was a bit skeptical about all the great stories of Amazon CS. Today, I had to call them myself. My daughter's charger tip got damaged (she was not exactly clear how it happened). It was completely unusable as the metal part is completely broken off of the end. I used the call me now feature. Less than 30 sec. wait time. No questions asked other than warranty time related. They are shipping this:
as a replacement with one day shipping. It should be here on Monday.

Can you say WOW? Only expected a replacement of the original charger.
I love that "call me now" feature. I was so skeptical when I first saw it. Ever leave a call back message with any other customer service? You may or may not get a call back this century ... or never.

I hit the button, and my phone rang almost instantly. I startle easily and jumped about 3" when I heard the ring.

Gotta love Amazon CS.

·
Registered
723 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I love that "call me now" feature. I was so skeptical when I first saw it. Ever leave a call back message with any other customer service? You may or may not get a call back this century ... or never.

I hit the button, and my phone rang almost instantly. I startle easily and jumped about 3" when I heard the ring.

Gotta love Amazon CS.
I used the same service with Apple the other day.
They said they would call back within 1 minute and they did.

I was SHOCKED! Shocked I tell ya.

Eric

1 - 20 of 29 Posts