1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
450 Posts
It's a hassell but at least they are keeping their app on iOS devices.  It would have really sucked if they had pulled it all together.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
I updated anyway.  Aside from checking it out the day I first got the app, I've never intentionally clicked the Kindle Store button.  It's much easier to shop from the web on a computer (or in Mercury or Atomic on iPad).

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Me, too!  I upgraded...I don't usually shop within the Kindle itself, for that matter...  I find books recommended here on KB, click on the link, and get them that way....

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
JRM,

I've merged your thread with this thread in the Apple device board as the emphasis in your article is on Apple's actions!

Betsy

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
geko29 said:
I updated anyway. Aside from checking it out the day I first got the app, I've never intentionally clicked the Kindle Store button. It's much easier to shop from the web on a computer (or in Mercury or Atomic on iPad).
Same. I always shop on the computer anyway, so I'm just happy the app is staying on iOS as I read on my iPad 2 sometimes as I take it around with me more than I do my Kindle.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yup, I just got an e-mail about this today.  I suppose Apple is trying to make sure that it is easier for iPad users to buy iBooks.  I actually like the iBook app better than Kindle, but I like *reading* on a Kindle device better than on an iPad.

I'm just not going to upgrade my Kindle software.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I always shop for Kindle books on my computer so this change doesn't bother me. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
It's funny because I never thought the removal of a link like this would be a big deal, but I can see why!  I just use the computer to buy stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Much like others who have already stated, I never once used the in-app purchase. I was always at Amazon on my main computer because I followed a link and just sent it to my Kindle or iPad with the 1-Click.

Nice try Apple. I still love my iPad and Kindle App and kudo's to Amazon for rolling with the punches and taking the high road.

Steve DW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts