Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this thread, we'll be offering real-time coverage of Monday's press conference, and inviting your real-time reactions to it. Let's see what's in store for us Kindle-lovers!!

Press conference scorecard:

Kindle 2 rumors confirmed: Yes!

Amazon Kindle 2 link for more info/purchase:

Kindle 2: Amazon's New Wireless Reading Device (Latest Generation)

Kindle 2 feature set:
* Slim new body: At 0.36 inches thick, it's notably thinner than even an iPhone 3G. Wow! And it weighs only 10.2 ounces.
* Improved display: The improved display now provides 16 shades of gray for clear text and even crisper images.
* 5-way controller: Enables precise on-screen navigation for selecting text to highlight or looking up words.
* Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life. A single charge lasts up to 4 days with wireless on; up to two weeks with wireless off.
* More Storage: 2GB of internal memory holds over 1,500 books.
* Faster Page Turns: 20% faster page turns.
* Read-to-Me: With the new Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle can read every book, blog, magazine, and newspaper out loud to you. Page automatically turn as content is read. You can adjust reading speed, and choose from male/female voices.

Kindle 2 availability: Feb 24

Kindle 2 pricing: $359

Other announcements:

- New Stephen King novella, Ur, to be released exclusively on Kindle

From our Kindle blog:

On Monday at 10am Eastern, Amazon holds its much-anticipated press conference at New York's Morgan Library and Museum. It's expected that Jeff Bezos will officially announce Kindle 2, along with pricing and release dates. (Recent leaks indicate that the price tag will be $359 - the same as current Kindle pricing - with a release date of February 24th.)

And, there may be a few surprises in store. We're looking for more information about Amazon making its e-books available on other platforms. Bezos may also surprise us with some statistics on Kindle sales, or Kindle Store e-book sales, which Amazon has kept under wraps so far.

We'll have a live discussion thread that follows the press conference, and we'll also be watching CrunchGear's live-blogging of the event. Don't miss this!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Arggghhh!  I have an orthopedist appt tomorrow at 10:30.  If I cancel it will be another month for an appt.  Such decisions :eek:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thanks Harvey, it will be over before I'm even dressed for work. Since I'm on the Pacific coast.  So at least I wont have to hunt down what he said.  :eek: :D

theresam

G

·
KCFoggin said:
Arggghhh! I have an orthopedist appt tomorrow at 10:30. If I cancel it will be another month for an appt. Such decisions :eek:
Go on to you're appointment. You may miss the live announcement but it will be here and thoroughly dissected for weeks to come.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Yes!! And I don't have school monday so I hopefully I'll get up early enough to get the news just as it leaks. I can't wait. Just need to finish my latest paper assignment. Snap!

PS: I'll hold off my plan to take over the world for a couple more days.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Vampyre said:

Yep, I know what you mean. Heff invited me up to the mansion but I told him I was busy. Maybe next week
Trump asked me to supervise one of his projects on Monday but I had to decline.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hugh Jackman is announcing the Kindle 2 in Hibbing tomorrow? Vamp was invited to Heff's place?  Wow, I was gone for the weekend and things have changed.  ;D

Yeah, this thread has been hughjacked.....

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Gables Girl said:
Hugh Jackman is announcing the Kindle 2 in Hibbing tomorrow? Vamp was invited to Heff's place? Wow, I was gone for the weekend and things have changed. ;D

Yeah, this thread has been hughjacked.....
And Leslie will be having a textile discussion with the President at some library in New York and Donald Trump will be helping Vegas_Asian with her paper.

I think I've got it now. Sounds like tomorrow will be an exciting day.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
And Leslie will be having a textile discussion with the President at some library in New York and Donald Trump will be helping Vegas_Asian with her paper.

I think I've got it now. Sounds like tomorrow will be an exciting day.
Lol...and all I have to do is save the world at 10am....but I'm putting that off until I find out about K2 ;)

1 - 20 of 202 Posts