Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9 titles this month, and we get to pick 1 free (or reduced if not a Prime member)

The list and links: :)

First reads for February

Thriller: Infinite

Memoir: Black Boy Out of Time

Contemporary Fiction: The Speed of Light

Romantic Comedy: The Wedding Game

Historical Fiction: After Alice Fell

Fantasy: Wings of Fury

Mystery: The Deadly Mystery of the Missing Diamonds

Memoir: The Psychopath

Children's Picture book: Agnes's Place

Well, this is easy: I got the mystery by the same author as the Lady Hardcastle mysteries. FINALLY! :D

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
i'm actually a bit torn between the romantic comedy and the fantasy. wish i could sample them just to see the writing styles.

and no, i am not even looking at The Psychopath!

·
5,928 Posts
Same list this month in the UK.

I'm a big fan of the Lady Hardcastle books too, so I already had The Deadly Mystery of The Missing Diamonds on my 'want to read' list BUT typically, after months of rarely wanting any of them, this month I also liked the sound of the thriller Infinite.

Initial reviews of that one aren't too good though, so I'm going with the mystery. Normally I'd just wait a month and get the other one for free on KU but I just cancelled my KU subscription. For the time being at least I have far too many books to read already without paying to borrow more.

My first post on the new style forum. I see you STILL can't justify the text. Do you have any idea what that does to people with OCD. It's like an itch you can't scratch. :eek:

·
Registered
790 Posts
i'm actually a bit torn between the romantic comedy and the fantasy. wish i could sample them just to see the writing styles.

and no, i am not even looking at The Psychopath!
If you click on the paperback version, you can do the Look Inside to see a sample of it. I always do that before I choose. :)

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
If you click on the paperback version, you can do the Look Inside to see a sample of it. I always do that before I choose. :)
never thought of that. because i don't look at paperbacks that much these days...

thanks. will do that tomorrow morning after work/before bed. or tomorrow afternoon when i get up.

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
that tip was very useful, and i opted for the romantic comedy, because that's kind of the thing i feel i need right now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I picked The Speed of Light.
I thought it was excellent

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I went with Infinite, but several of the other books looked good too.

The months where we can pick two books usually have nothing but crap, but the good months only allow one pick - ARGH!

I'm glad @lindnet posted the tip about going to the paperback/hardcover to be able to "look inside" the book - I was going to post the same suggestion. It's always annoying when that functionality is missing from the Kindle edition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts