Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does one go about using gift card credit rather than the 1 click default?  I assumed that the gift card option would pop up at some point (thought I read that).  I have $75 credit, but it's going to the 1 click default to my credit card.  Any thoughts?

As always, many thanks!
Juanita

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
That's odd.  Mine always goes to the Gift Card first.  But maybe the fact that it's a credit has something to do with it.  Call CS, and good luck.
deb

·
Registered
530 Posts
The way it is supposed to work is if you have a gift card applied to your account, it will burn through the gift card funds and then go to your 1-click payment method. If that is not happening contact Customer Service. Be aware that your confirmation email for your purchase may make it look like it is still going to your 1-Click but it is actually pulling from your gift card balance.

I had a conversation with Customer Service about this when I applied my first gift card to my account because the confirmation email made it look like it was using my 1-click but when I checked my GC balance it had been taken from there not my 1-click.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
If you look at the email and it says Total For This Order 0.00, then it came from the GC.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
With me, I had to apply my gift card to my account.  When I ordered something, it used my gift card amount up to the amount and took the balance from my credit card...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drenee said:
If you look at the email and it says Total For This Order 0.00, then it came from the GC.
That's exactly what happened! Thanks to all! Initially, I saw my credit card (last 4 digits) at the end of order; I assumed it went to my credit card. Then, when I got the confirmation via email on my phone, lazy me, did not scroll ALL the way down and did not see "Gift Certificate...-$x.xx"

Juanita

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Yay, another dilemma solved. 
Happy Kindling.
deb

·
Registered
530 Posts
JCBeam said:
That's exactly what happened! Thanks to all! Initially, I saw my credit card (last 4 digits) at the end of order; I assumed it went to my credit card. Then, when I got the confirmation via email on my phone, lazy me, did not scroll ALL the way down and did not see "Gift Certificate...-$x.xx"

Juanita
LOL that is EXACTLY what happened to me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts