Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have received an Amazon gift card & want to use if for Kindle books (of course). Anyone know how to do this?

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
When on Amazon.com look at the right hand cornor of the screen. There is a link "Your account". Click on that.

Look in the payment option box. Click on the Apply a Gift Certificate/Card to Your Account link.

Enter your account info. Enter the code on the gift certificate.

I

·
0 Posts
Yo also have the option to change your method payment so your gift card isn't used.  I had to do this because I was buying some books for my sister and having them shipped to her.  MY gift card is just for Kindle books.  :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Vampyre said:
Yo also have the option to change your method payment so your gift card isn't used. I had to do this because I was buying some books for my sister and having them shipped to her. MY gift card is just for Kindle books. :)
I never thought about that. Good, i wont mess myself up doing that again. Thanks!!

I

·
0 Posts
I found it out after I ordered 5 books she wanted by Kingsbury and it said it was applying my card to the order.  nononononono!  It took me a while but I found out how to change it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help - I've applied the gift card to my account... just need to decide what to buy now :).

·
Registered
326 Posts
RobinT said:
Thanks for all the help - I've applied the gift card to my account... just need to decide what to buy now :).
Whatever you do dont go to the Bargain Books thread. Your gift card doesnt have enough money on it. ;D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Be very careful using a Kindle gift card.  I ordered one, thinking I would be able to only use it for Kindle books.  WRONG!!  When I ordered some other stuff today, the amount was deducted from the card first.  I had to manually change the payment option.  It looks like a Kindle gift certificate is no different than any other Amazon gift card.
Berni

1 - 10 of 10 Posts