Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I thought I will add a gift card as I ran out of them and I bought one for myself on Amazon and set it to email to my own address.

How long does that take to get? I been trying all afternoon to get it send, I tried 3 different emails and I still have not gotten it. Is this normal with the Gift Cards? Its not in any of the spam folders, I checked. This is frustrating. I figured it would take minutes, not all day.  :(

·
Registered
261 Posts
Atunah said:
Ok, so I thought I will add a gift card as I ran out of them and I bought one for myself on Amazon and set it to email to my own address.

How long does that take to get? I been trying all afternoon to get it send, I tried 3 different emails and I still have not gotten it. Is this normal with the Gift Cards? Its not in any of the spam folders, I checked. This is frustrating. I figured it would take minutes, not all day. :(
One of my employees got me an amazon gift card online, and it came snail mail, not e-mail.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the email kind, not the snail mail. It is suppose to be emailed. Its really just a code to add to the balance. I been waiting and waiting as I want to purchase more books to read. Darn.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I have bought 2 and received them in about 5 minutes. I would call CS and see if there is a problem.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darn, I am just not having much luck this week lol. I guess I have to email them to find out why I am not getting it. No book tonight I guess. Hmpf

·
Registered
657 Posts
Not to derail the thread because this question IS about amazon gift cards..

Does anyone know if they implemented the kindle only giftcards someone mentioned a few weeks ago(I can't find the thread now)? Or did I misunderstand that thread??

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think they still work the same like any other Amazon Gift Cards, but one can now send a card to someone with the Kindle logo on it. I don't think there is a difference on how they work on the Amazon site.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i had this same thing happen last week, took almost 2 days to receive.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Call Customer Service. They'll straighten it out for you.

Also, the next time you get one, instead of emailing to yourself, choose the print option. That way, you'll get the code as soon as the payment is authorized. It ususally takes just a couple of minutes. I have problems with both Amazon and Audible getting gift cards emailed, so I like the print option.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
chobitz said:

Does anyone know if they implemented the kindle only giftcards someone mentioned a few weeks ago(I can't find the thread now)? Or did I misunderstand that thread??
It's not a Kindle only giftcard, although that's how it looks. It just has Kindle printed on it. It still works for all Amazon purchases.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I emailed them. Still no code. . I guess I just have to wait. I wish I had known about the print option. I thought email was fastest. There goes that plan. Won't do that again    :(

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Don't you have to have a credit card on file with your Amazon account?  Just charge the book to that.  The amount spent will be the same.  You'll just pay the money for the book when the bill comes, as opposed to right now.

G

·
SusanCassidy said:
Don't you have to have a credit card on file with your Amazon account? Just charge the book to that. The amount spent will be the same. You'll just pay the money for the book when the bill comes, as opposed to right now.
No, There are other choices.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally got the code lol.

Yes, I have a credit card on file, but the gift card was my own budget for books. If I charge the card that would then go over my budget. Plus, I don't want to deal with a gazillion small charges on my card which is why I deal with GiftCards only on Kindle books.

Next time I do the suggested print option.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
When I ordered my gift card it took only minutes via e-mail.  ;D  Maybe they felt sorry for me since I am out of the country  :'(

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
chobitz said:

I bought one for my daughter for her birthday last week and it works the same as any other giftcard. It just has the Kindle logo on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts