Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an Amazon gift card because I'm tired of all those small charges showing up in my bank account and I applied it to my Amazon account, but when I tried to change my 1-Click settings there is no option for the gift card. Does anybody know how that works? If I purchase a book with 1-Click will it deduct from my gift card balance or will it bill my debit card? In other words is there something else I need to do or does applying the card to my account mean it will be deducted from there first? Would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
My understanding is that the gift card will be used up first for books, but subscriptions will be billed to your one click credit card.  At least, that's how it has seemed to work for me.

Ann

·
Registered
205 Posts
once you apply a gift card to your account, any kindle purchases will be taken from the gift card balance until it is used up.  Subscriptions to newspapers and magazines cannot be paid for with a gift card tho. 

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Ann and Hazel are correct:

Subscriptions will be charged directly to your credit card. All other 1-click purchases will draw first from any balance you have on your gift card account until used up...  So, always keep a gift card balance and your credit card will remain untouched for regular purchses!!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! Thank you all for your responses. I just wanted to make sure I'd done it right.

Thanks again!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts