Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one of my wishes for Christmas. I got a Amazon Gift Card from my boss and Sophie the little girl I take care of for $75.00. Sophie is 7 now and she asked me what I really wanted for Christmas and I told her a Amazon gift card. Sophie looked at me when I told her what I wanted. She did not know what a giftcard was. I told Sophie  Mommy will know what it is. ;D They sent me the card by email.

I have had the best Christmas  ;D I went to my sister for Christmas and came home with 4 more gift cards $50.00, $25.00,$25.00 and $35.00 with the one I already had that gives me $210.00 to spend on Kindle Books  ;D I am doing the Happy Dance.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Anne said:
I got one of my wishes for Christmas. I got a Amazon Gift Card from my boss and Sophie the little girl I take care of for $75.00. Sophie is 7 now and she asked me what I really wanted for Christmas and I told her a Amazon gift card. Sophie looked at me when I told her what I wanted. She did not know what a giftcard was. I told Sophie Mommy will know what it is. ;D They sent me the card by email.
Cool! That should keep you stocked up with books...for a week! ;D

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Everyone I am so Happy about my Gift card. ;D  I am not sure how long it will last. ;) I may have another gift card in my future I told my sister at Thanksgiving I wanted a Amazon Gift Card she usually gives me a Barnes & Noble gift card. I know one book I going to buy with it. What was the name of that book. ??? I remember  :eek: In Her Name  ::) Yes that the name of the book.

·
Registered
723 Posts
NICE PRESENT!

On this topic...
Can you set-up a gift card as a payment method on one click payments?

Can you buy yourself a gift card to do the same?

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

Eric

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Yes to both.  You register the gift card to your account and it is automatically used first for all one-click purchases!

Betsy

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Betsy the Quilter said:
Yes to both. You register the gift card to your account and it is automatically used first for all one-click purchases!

Betsy

Thanks Betsy I was not sure about that either.

I

·
0 Posts
ELDogStar said:
NICE PRESENT!

On this topic...
Can you set-up a gift card as a payment method on one click payments?

Can you buy yourself a gift card to do the same?

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

In an attempt to get control of my oneclickitis, I bought me a $50.00 gift card.

Amazon emailed a card number to be. I applied that number to my account and now I am all set to go...I've already spent $30.00 of it.

There is also a place that will show your gift card balance.

Eric

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
My daughter and I added a gift card to our shared account and when we bought the first book using it, it looked like it was using the credit card. We went back and checked the gift card balance and the price was deducted from the gift card. Also, when we went to our Kindle account to choose the gift card as our payment method it was not listed. It was confusing at first, but after checking the credit card to make sure it wasn't charging both we have enjoyed using the gift cards. Since we both like the same authors sharing the gift cards we both received hasn't been a problem. I'm not sure how to keep it from deducting from the gift card if you have multiple people on your account and you wanted to switch from the gift card to the credit card. Can you switch?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Kathy said:
My daughter and I added a gift card to our shared account and when we bought the first book using it, it looked like it was using the credit card. We went back and checked the gift card balance and the price was deducted from the gift card. Also, when we went to our Kindle account to choose the gift card as our payment method it was not listed. It was confusing at first, but after checking the credit card to make sure it wasn't charging both we have enjoyed using the gift cards. Since we both like the same authors sharing the gift cards we both received hasn't been a problem. I'm not sure how to keep it from deducting from the gift card if you have multiple people on your account and you wanted to switch from the gift card to the credit card. Can you switch?
You can switch but you need to do it from your computer in your Amazon account--set it up to choose the credit card for a purchase.

L

B

·
0 Posts
I also got an Amazon Gift Card from my DD. With the one I got using my credit card rewards, I won't have to worry about books for a while.

Also, I discovered that by using my credit card rewards to buy online through Target. My floor lamp put me over the limit for a new gift certificate........whoo hoo.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Leslie said:
You can switch but you need to do it from your computer in your Amazon account--set it up to choose the credit card for a purchase.

L
Thanks Leslie. I don't want to use up the gift card my Daughter got for Christmas. She is a stay at home Mother and on a budget. She also has more time to read than I do, so the gift cards help keep her on a budget. Also keeps her out of my credit card, just kidding.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
I also got an Amazon Gift Card from my DD. With the one I got using my credit card rewards, I won't have to worry about books for a while.
Everyone gave me cash, so as soon as the checks clear, I'll be getting some gift cards. I also have $40 in free gift cards coming from Coinstar.

Also, I discovered that by using my credit card rewards to buy online through Target. My floor lamp put me over the limit for a new gift certificate........whoo hoo.
Did you finally get that Mission style floor lamp you and Jim have been looking for?

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LuckyRainbow said:

I am so Happy you got a gift card too. ;D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts