Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever gotten or done the Amazon Gift card sending it by email? Ive been waiting for one few hours now.  :(

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Some times it takes minutes sometimes a couple of hours.  I think it has to do with the volume of Amazon traffic and how long it takes to process the credit card.  Did you get an email receipt for the gift certificate from Amazon?  You should be able to go into your account and see the gift certificate in your order history.  I buy then all the time.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Did you get your gift card yet? I just bought a $50.00 one with Birthday money I just got. My gift card came through in about 5 minutes. I already added it to my gift card balance.

G

·
My sister in Kentucky is still recovering at home from some major surgery and is into the Karen Kingsbury series of books.  Her book store is sort of far for her to go to on her on so she asked me to order them for her from Amazon,

Once i got the 5 books she wanted in the old shopping cart, it was time to check out. To my horror, it was wanting to use my gift card on her purchases!  Nonononononoooo!

It took me a while but I found the book it was applying the gift card to and was able to change the method pf payment.  My Kindle card was saved for me!  YAY!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Vampyre said:
My sister in Kentucky is still recovering at home from some major surgery and is into the Karen Kingsbury series of books. Her book store is sort of far for her to go to on her on so she asked me to order them for her from Amazon,

Once i got the 5 books she wanted in the old shopping cart, it was time to check out. To my horror, it was wanting to use my gift card on her purchases! Nonononononoooo!

It took me a while but I found the book it was applying the gift card to and was able to change the method pf payment. My Kindle card was saved for me! YAY!
You have to watch that, once you have a gift card balance they will use it for everything you purchase form Amazon. I have to watch and go in on every non-Kindle order and change the payment method. Otherwise I run out of Kindle money.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Gables Girl said:
You have to watch that, once you have a gift card balance they will use it for everything you purchase form Amazon. I have to watch and go in on every non-Kindle order and change the payment method. Otherwise I run out of Kindle money.
That is true you have to make sure you click on another payment method or else it will be taken from you gift card.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.