Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am addicted to my Kindle (Stella) & am quickly getting addicted to this board! I was on the other night & in a thread I cannot find for the life of me, someone put in a link to find coinstar machines that give out receipts with codes to use at different places and Amazon was one of them. I would love to find one in Las Vegas. Thanks for your help.
Kristie

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
There is usually one in Albertsons and I have been to a couple...have yet to come across one that doesn't allow access to the gift card option...so far. The walmart coinstars don't always have the gift card features. I know for a fact that the albertson on Charleston and Rainbow (near CSN Charleston campus) has one that accesses gift cards. You can also check out the coinstar website to locate some.

Other locations: Albertson at Craig and Teneya (should be back in order. I usually go to the one near CSN)
Albertson on Cheyenne west of Durango (I think haven't been there in a while. Stopped there before my parent's friend's party and remembered passing a coinstar)

It cool to hear that there is another Kindler in Vegas! Enjoy the snow? I was terrified when I driving today, ended skidding pretty far coming off Summerlin parkway.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Vegas_Asian, there is an Albertson's right near me, I will check it out.
I was happy with the snow for about 5 minutes, but then having to run around doing errands all day I was not so happy. It reminded of why I left western NY! Glad you were ok after your skidding incident.

Thank you to Doc Rhubarb too, I will check out the site. Apprecaite it.
Thanks for your help
Kristie

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
They are usually located near the door at albertsons (sometimes hidden beyond the slot machines or the red box)
Albertson's has good chocolate chip cookies. Might want to pick up some of those, too. ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
After saving change FOR WEEKS, I sent my son off to the CoinStar machine at Shaw's to get me an Amazon gift card. I had about $25 in change. Well, he puts the money in and gets a notice that Amazon giftcards aren't available at this time. Instead of taking the option to get his change back, he opted for actual money and then used it to buy groceries!! I was ready to smack him...he missed the point entirely.

Kids....grrrr....

L

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've become obsessed with saving change and getting the Amazon cards.  I use whole dollars and count on getting the handful of change.  It's a secret thrill for me!

I was upset the other day, however, when I purchased something (not a book!) on Amazon and intended to use my credit card and Amazon took my gift card balance FIRST and then charge the difference to my card.  That's not right!  Now my gift card balance is at $0; I shall hit the Coinstar later today....

To me using the coins is like free money!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Leslie said:
After saving change FOR WEEKS, I sent my son off to the CoinStar machine at Shaw's to get me an Amazon gift card. I had about $25 in change. Well, he puts the money in and gets a notice that Amazon giftcards aren't available at this time. Instead of taking the option to get his change back, he opted for actual money and then used it to buy groceries!! I was ready to smack him...he missed the point entirely.

Kids....grrrr....

L
And that means you lost 8%+ of your money in coinstar fees when you would have gotten the whole thing on the e-cert. I wonder if that's affecting coinstars everywhere or that machine might have been out of paper to print the certificate.

Have I mentioned that the only purpose of children is to give you grandchildren? Hold onto that thought. It helps get you through the worst of it.

PS: Love my kids ... really ... now that they're grown and supporting themselves.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
gertiekindle said:
And that means you lost 8%+ of your money in coinstar fees when you would have gotten the whole thing on the e-cert.
I'm not sure about this. Generally if there is a malfunction, they don't charge the service fee.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I've been reading threads this morning about book budgets and thought it might be a good idea to bump a Coinstar thread.  It's about time for me to make a Coinstar run and add some money to my gift card balance. 
deb

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just tried the Coinstar Locator link and it says that there isn't a single Coinstar machine in the entire Dallas/Forth Worth Metroplex that allows you to convert your pocket change into Amazon gift cards.  :(

The Horror!!!  :eek: The Unfairness!!  :mad: The All-Around Bummer!!!  :'(

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
That is unfair.  I'm so sorry.  I love saving my change.  I even dump it out of my purse into a change purse in my car so when clerks ask me for exact change I can say sorry, don't have it.   ;D
deb

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
The Atomic Bookworm said:
I just tried the Coinstar Locator link and it says that there isn't a single Coinstar machine in the entire Dallas/Forth Worth Metroplex that allows you to convert your pocket change into Amazon gift cards. :(

The Horror!!! :eek: The Unfairness!! :mad: The All-Around Bummer!!! :'(
I've gotten them down in DeSoto/Lancaster before, at the Kroger at I-35 and Pleasant Run and at the Brookshire's at I-35 and Ovilla; that would be a bummer if you can't any longer... (Why am I not able to get the locater to show me what types of options each store has? All it will do is show what stores near me have a machine but I can't do anything else...)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Ooh, Thanks. Amazon gift cards are useful for more than just books too and we have rediculous amounts of change around the apartment. Now to search for all change, sort out the quarters, and bring the rest to the grocery store to get amazon gift cards :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Our bank debit card gives us "points".  We used to use them for evil BP gift cards, but BP sold the local stations before they got all evil. 

Then we started getting Amazon cards, and I didn't even have my KDX yet. 

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hmm, I'm coming up with a scheme here to put empty vending machines around town that give apologies and charge a fee for a refund...

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
So, I made a coinstar run today:  $95.49.  Woo Hoo!  I applied the GC to my K3 order and made it, effectively, free.  (I know:  not really, but it sure feels that way. :D )

My cover is also 'free'. :)

Plus there's some left over 'cause I'd already applied a couple of GC's I'd gotten elsewhere. . . . . .

1 - 20 of 68 Posts