1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wasn't just me. Read the gizmodo article. I see a "service unavailable" white page when I go to it. Took a screenshot but don't know how to upload an image here.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lummox JR said:
That link you posted doesn't say anything about Amazon being hacked. Please post a substantiating link if you're going to post something that can incite panic. Thanks to CabanaBooks for posting something with actual information.
My intent was to talk about how much money their losing. I thought that was more interesting. We all know it'll be back up shortly.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
jimkukral said:
My intent was to talk about how much money their losing. I thought that was more interesting. We all know it'll be back up shortly.
I don't see anything about hacking in the gizmodo article. Am I missing it? No need for fear-mongering.

Also, if the entire site were down, yes, they'd be losing oodles of money, but it's not.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
jimkukral said:
A different choice of words is in order then, and I strongly advise you edit the subject line. When people hear about a major company's servers being hacked they assume the worst. They have every right to. This is the online equivalent of shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

Merely saying a website is down is nowhere near as incendiary. A website can go down for any number of reasons.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
For a few minutes after I saw this post, Amazon's home page was not loading, but product pages were. (Albeit slowly.) Now everything seems normal.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Lummox JR said:
A different choice of words is in order then, and I strongly advise you edit the subject line. When people hear about a major company's servers being hacked they assume the worst. They have every right to. This is the online equivalent of shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

Merely saying a website is down is nowhere near as incendiary. A website can go down for any number of reasons.
Agree. This is a company that has access to the bank account info of many of us ;)

The main page is down for me but I can still access product pages.

·
Registered
637 Posts
DDark said:
Ah yes, a Tweet makes it totally legit. Can they put me in the #1 spot? That would be totally awesome.
lol well, it was from the Gizmodo article earlier. They could be full of it though.

Someone else tweeted this:

Okay, Twitter was down, now Amazon is down, and NYT was hacked by the Chinese. CYBERTERROR THURSDAY!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts