Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of us would re-purchase a book at a reduced rate just to have it on the Kindle?

I have been buying dtb from Amazon for a very long time. Many of those books are available on Kindle now, and I'd love them on there, but I'm having a hard time justifying paying the regular Kindle rate to have it in that format. Particularly when the book is staring at me on the shelf.

Through the Amazon Upgrade program http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=si3_store_su/?ie=UTF8&node=293522011 you can access your physical books online when you pay a very reduced rate. So why don't they have the same program for the Kindle?

Granted, the Kindle rate is reduced from the Hardback price. But the Amazon Upgrade prices (for the books I'm eligible for) are around $4, while the Kindle prices are $9.99.

So Amazon, Jeff Bezos, or whoever is listening...could you please give us loyal Amazon shoppers a nice deal for the Kindle versions of books we already own? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Interesting idea!  If past books I had purchased thru Amazon became available, I might purchase some of them even tho I have the paper version.  On the other hand, a lot of the books I purchased in the past ARE on Amazon for the Kindle, some of them for even less than the $3.99 cited.  $9.99 seems to be the rate for the newer books, older ones are less.  And as I'm unlikely to buy many more paper books now that I have the Kindle, I'll probably just have to wait for older books to be Kindled.

Betsy

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
This was one of my suggestions to Amazon when I first got my Kindle.
I will still continue to buy first edition hardbacks for most of my favorite authors.
I usually pick them up at Borders on the way home for the instant gratification factor, but if I could purchase the printed book and the Kindle version for a lower combined cost, I would go ahead and purchase both from Amazon.
Andra

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have purchased some of my favorite books which I have on paper in Kindle format. I would love to do more of this. It would be great to have a special low rate, but I would be happy to buy many of them at current K prices. I just want all books ever written to be Kindalized.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts