Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this on https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2020/09/26/amazon-selling-9-7-kindle-dx-again-for-199/. Amazon is selling the 9.7 Kindle DX again for $200, new.

The article speculates that they must have found some in a warehouse and that might mean the batteries are no good but they do have the usual Amazon return policy and warrantee so if they're no good there's no risk. And maybe they replaced the batteries. Or maybe these are newly made from the old plans as an experimet.

Keep in mind that this has no frontlight and it has no Wifi, just 3G and for a lot of locations 3G might go away in the not too distant future. Still, it's easy to sideload books onto it and it does have a large screen which some people will enjoy. Also it has no touch screen. Just buttons that make up a keyboard and page turn buttons.

Here's a link to it's page on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GYWHSQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=ter000-20&linkId=1aa7cacd04548ef4f5883046930bb621&language=en_US

Barry

·
Registered
21 Posts
When it's not too hard to get a 7" oasis for about that price on eBay, I have to wonder what suck^H^H^H^Hcustomers will buy this for this price.

·
Registered
9,264 Posts
That link does take me to a DX page but says it's unavailable and no date for being in stock again.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
At 13:25 the article link says (sold out) and the Amazon link says unavailable. I got mine on May 8, 2011. It still works but needs a new battery. I'd like to have an up to date version with wifi and lighted screen like the Oasis. In that case I'd read on it at home and the Oasis just when away from home.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess they just sold out quickly.  The Amazon page when I posted did give a date for availability and a delivery date.  I think it was supposed to be in stock on the 29th.

Now if they'd make a 5" phone shaped e-ink Kindle with a front light I'd be overjoyed.

Barry

·
Registered
296 Posts
I ordered one and shortly after it was marked unavailable.  I have thought about it, and with 3g going away, I’m not sure it’s worth it.  I plan to cancel my order, so if you want it, keep an eye on Amazon and maybe it will be available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts