Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you actually see the sales listed on your dashboard?
No I can't see them on dashboard as KDP isn't crediting them - that's my point. I know the book was bought as all my friends showed it on video call and we chatted about it.

What day are expanded distribution sales reported?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
No I can't see them on dashboard as KDP isn't crediting them - that's my point. I know the book was bought as all my friends showed it on video call and we chatted about it.

As far as I know, sales are not reported until the book is paid for and shipped.

When you say your friends showed it on the video call, do you mean they showed actual print copies?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts

How did they show it? I used to hear this sort of rubbish when I first start; Amazon is stealing from me, Amazon not reporting my sells (it was always sells, never sales). Amazon have better things to do that pinch your twopennyworth of royalties. Expanded distribution might not get reported for weeks; it all depends on where you are and who they bought it from. I've seen books bought from third party sellers take six weeks to show up.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
A couple of things.
1. Extended distribution sales can appear in single-day clusters, often towards the end of the month, suggesting that they are batch reported.
2. Some places buy stock in advance. This means that the sale is history by someone actually buys it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts