Kindle Forum banner

Who on Kindleboards is getting the new Amazon Kindle 2.0?

• No, I'm happy with my first Kindle

Votes: 66 53.7%
  • Yes, When it comes out

Votes: 22 17.9%
  • No, I don't want any Kindle

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • No, too expensive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only when the price drops

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • What's a Kindle?

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I will wait to see if Kindle 2.0 exists before making a decision

Votes: 29 23.6%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there has been many rumors going on that the Amazon Kindle 2.0 is coming out any day now. There is a Press Conference on February 9th, 2009 which many people believe will give further information on this topic. So, pick an answer from below and a reasoning (if you want). :)

Who on Kindleboards is getting the new Amazon Kindle 2.0?

• 1) No, I'm happy with my first Kindle
  • 2) Yes, When it comes out
  • 3) No, I don't want any Kindle
  • 4) No, too expensive
  • 5) Yes, but only when the price drops
  • 6) What's a Kindle?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right, my answer is #1 because I'm currently happy with the Kindle I already have.  :)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Kind,

you can post an actual poll with your answers.  In Let's Talk Kindle, instead of selecting Post New Topic, select "Post New Poll"  Try it!  It'll be easier to keep track of the responses and fun to see the answers grow!

Betsy

·
Registered
679 Posts
No - I am happy with my current Kindle, and the version 2, if the leaks are correct, is a step down IMO....

·
Registered
224 Posts
people bashed the k1 looks also, i think it looks fine. i have ordered a k1 hoping for the upgrade as many have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nope.  No way.  No how. 

To be clear: no complaints!  I love my Kindle.  Best gadget ever! 

I just don't see buying-up for what, from all speculation, will be very similar -- if it exists at all, that is.  Whenever my dear friend, the Kindle that is always at my side, finally gives up the E-Ink ghost, I will replace it.  But not until then.  I'd like to think that will be a very long time from now, and E-Ink readers will be far advanced.  I'm too frugal to spend money for incremental improvement.  I wait for significant change.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i bet for the first 5min, they play a April fools joke on everyone ;)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It is great that Amazon is continually at work to make Kindle better.  It will be interesting to know exactly what the upgrades are for v2, but I will skip v2 and eagerly await v3. 

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think this would make a great poll question.  Please refer to Betsy's answer above regarding how to create a poll post.

:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've got an order in for K2, assuming there IS a K2 announced on 2/9.  I will cancel my order if (a) there is no K2 announced or (b) if there IS a K2, and the early reviews aren't favorable.  If there IS a K2, and if the design and/or other upgrades appear worth having, I will keep said K2, and my mom will inherit my much loved current Kindle.

Wait a minute, I just realized that means the K2 would be nekked, and my K1 would be beautifully garbed in Oberon's Avenue of Trees.  That's depressing...

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've got a K1 on order that is chaning to a K2 but this is from Mr. KM.  We've both wanted Kindles so when we got mine it was with the plan to wait 'til K2 came out and he would get that one.

I guess that means I'm not getting a K2, Mr. KM is.  But it'll be in my house and I'm sure my Kindle will take good care of her younger, less experienced, sleeker child. 

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Malibama said:
I've got an order in for K2. I can always cancel my order if the early reviews aren't favorable, and if I keep K2 my mom will inherit my much loved current Kindle.
How can you have an order in for the K2? It has not been announced. I don't think you can order it yet.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I sincerely doubt I will buy a Kindle 2.0 (if said device exists) until my Kindle is irreparably broken. I see no point.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm getting one mainly so I can review it.  Unless I fall in love with it, I will keep Isabella and will probably give the new one to my daughter who is a broke college student.  I also agree a poll for this ? would be great.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Poll has been added to this thread. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes I will be getting the K2 when it comes out. My husband will be getting the K1 that I currently spend all my time on.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Personally if those pics of the 'k2' are real I think its way uglier then Phoebe. If the rumors are true and they are going with just internal memory and doing away with the SD card that's a step back and not forward. Also I do not like those smaller buttons! So nope me and Phoebe are together for life...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts