Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gara said:
A bit misleading there. Only $99.00 starting bid!! ::)
True, but you've gotta' get people's attention somehow. And, if only one person bids they will indeed get it for $99 ;D

I would have posted more photos of my Kindle but eBay nickel and dimes you for everything. If you or someone you know is interested in getting a Kindle 2, feel free to place a bid. I promise that it is in pristine condition and that I will ship it securely.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Deceiving and not appreciated! 

I just saw a K1 being represented as a K2 (picture is of K1) on ebay.  Got to be careful over there. 

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
luvshihtzu said:
Plus $12.00 shipping. Ouch.
You have to keep in mind that eBay keeps nearly 10% of the sale price. Plus, look up USPS flat rate box prices. They range from $10-$14. I may actually have to wind up paying $14 to ship the Kindle to someone. Compared to the $160 some people are charging for their Kindles, this is a deal.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
It's better to sell it on the boards here for a set price.  When I look at ebay, I only look under the buy-it-now tab.  But I'm not looking for a K2.  I have one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mlewis78 said:
It's better to sell it on the boards here for a set price. When I look at ebay, I only look under the buy-it-now tab. But I'm not looking for a K2. I have one.
Cool. Thanks for the tip! I didn't realize that the boards here even existed until I put it on eBay. I'll keep that in mind for the future. Now I have a place to chat about these great devices. I'm constantly telling people how awesome the Kindle is.

I'm looking forward to getting the new Kindle at the end of the month, and I figured the people here who don't want to pay $189 might want to bid on my Kindle 2. Sorry if I came off as deceiving. I'm just trying to generate interest in the listing, and technically someone could still get it for $99. As a matter of fact, I already have two people who added it to their watch list.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I understand about shipping and fees, but if I were selling my Kindle on ebay, I would say free shipping with such a high starting price.  I would get better bids.  But that is my opinion.

Have you been a member here long?  I now only see four posts that you have here on this thread.  That might have something to do with our somewhat negative responses to your post.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
luvshihtzu said:
I understand about shipping and fees, but if I were selling my Kindle on ebay, I would say free shipping with such a high starting price. I would get better bids. But that is my opinion.

Have you been a member here long? I now only see four posts that you have here on this thread. That might have something to do with our somewhat negative responses to your post.
I just became a member.

You know what, maybe I'll change it to free shipping. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
luvshihtzu said:
I understand about shipping and fees, but if I were selling my Kindle on ebay, I would say free shipping with such a high starting price. I would get better bids. But that is my opinion.

Have you been a member here long? I now only see four posts that you have here on this thread. That might have something to do with our somewhat negative responses to your post.
I've just added FREE shipping to the item! Thanks again for the great idea. Please let your friends know that it is available, if they are interested in bidding.

Have a great night!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Most people on the boards are not selling for $160 (and those that are are selling the Kindles for that price are including many expensive accessories).  Heck, my pristine K2 is up for sale for $120 with skins, case, and free shipping (in another thread) -- to give you an idea of the going rate for a K2.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Karma Kindle said:
Most people on the boards are not selling for $160 (and those that are are selling the Kindles for that price are including many expensive accessories). Heck, my pristine K2 is up for sale for $120 with skins, case, and free shipping (in another thread) -- to give you an idea of the going rate for a K2.
Thanks for the information. I've got good news to report. In less than 24 hours, I've got a bidder and 4 people watching the item!

Check it out people!: http://tinyurl.com/25q8vs6

1 - 16 of 16 Posts