Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had an ebook on amazon turn into KU/kindle unlimited WITHOUT you clicking/approving it before?

one of my guides has suddenly got KU readers - without my knowledge of it being KU. maybe i clicked on it accidentally but i never got ku reads for 90 days as i don't do ku...but 1 book is suddenly on ku.

anyone have this experience & know why? thanks.

·
Registered
616 Posts
If you clicked on it accidentally (which is the easiest thing in the world) - you do know that your membership in KU is renewed automatically for another 90 days unless you disable it manually, don't you? So after the first 90-day period when you got no page reads it was automatically renevewed and suddenly you got page reads from those new readers - or from the old readers as alhawke says.

I suggest you check if your book is indeed on KU first. If it is, you need to disable it manually but your book's KU membership will only expire at the end of the current 90-day period. If it's never been on KU, I suggest you write to support and ask them what's going on.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
They seem to have hidden the option to enrol in Select when you publish. That means it will default to you actually being in Select when you didn't realise it. On the other hand, many people don't realise that Kindle Unlimited is part of Kdp Select.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Doglover said:
They seem to have hidden the option to enrol in Select when you publish. That means it will default to you actually being in Select when you didn't realise it. On the other hand, many people don't realise that Kindle Unlimited is part of Kdp Select.
No, they didn't. It's right at the top of the first page for uploading. Nothing about KU is automatic outside of the renewal unless one unticks the box. I do agree that a lot of people don't realize Select is KU, mainly because they don't research first.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
unkownwriter said:
No, they didn't. It's right at the top of the first page for uploading. Nothing about KU is automatic outside of the renewal unless one unticks the box. I do agree that a lot of people don't realize Select is KU, mainly because they don't research first.
Well, I uploaded a new book only a couple of weeks ago and the option wasn't there. Perhaps they are testing out a new dashboard for some and not for others. I had to go hunting for the option to be sure my book was in select.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts