Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else received an email from Amazon saying that the lighted cover for the K4 would be delayed until December 19? I had to give my approval to wait on it and let them know I still wanted it.  :mad:  I'm pretty happy with my Belkin cover, but I did want to try the Amazon one out and see if I liked it better. I loved my lighted cover for the K3 and was hoping this one would be as great. Guess it will be a while before I find out.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read some reviews of this cover today and the reviews aren't all that great. Depends on what you are looking for I guess. I'm wondering if the lighted covers for the Touch are also going to be delayed. I haven't received an email about that one yet, but I have to wonder if it's coming.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I also approved the delay for my lighted Touch cover & I don't have an estimated ship date either.

I was surprised to discover that my K2 Octovo light fits the Touch pretty good. I'll be using the Octovo light & this inexpensive cover to hold me out until I can get the Amazon lighted cover.

·
Registered
227 Posts
cagnes said:
I also approved the delay for my lighted Touch cover & I don't have an estimated ship date either.

I was surprised to discover that my K2 Octovo light fits the Touch pretty good. I'll be using the Octovo light & this inexpensive cover to hold me out until I can get the Amazon lighted cover.
You did get one for your Touch cover? I've got one on order but haven't received the shipping delay notice. I don't like carrying it with no cover, i'm afraid I'm going to scratch it. I agree ordering a cheap cover is the way to go and hold out for the nice lighted one. Bummer....

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whidbeyislandgirl said:
You did get one for your Touch cover? I've got one on order but haven't received the shipping delay notice. I don't like carrying it with no cover, i'm afraid I'm going to scratch it. I agree ordering a cheap cover is the way to go and hold out for the nice lighted one. Bummer....
I have an order in for the Touch cover and I have not received a notice for that one, just the K4 lighted cover. I was hoping the Touch cover would arrive on time, but others said they got a notice for their Touch cover.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Whidbeyislandgirl said:
I did get the notice for the Touch cover, I had to approve the order by a certain date or it would have automatically canceled. I didn't place my order for the Touch cover right away though... not until Oct. 14th.... after they were sold out.

I don't like carrying it around without a cover either. I've never used my K2 naked, always with a cover. Since I may have a really long wait for a lighted cover, a cheap cover is definitely the way to go for me!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just went to check my open orders and it says that my lighted cover for the K4 is "shipping soon" and the expected delivery date is back to Nov. 22!! Not sure why I got the notice the other day, but I'm pleasantly surprised!  My lighted Touch cover still has Nov. 23 as the expected delivery date. Guess we'll see....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pushka - that link goes to a cover for a Kindle touch........

Kindle Girl - what colour cover did you order???

My sister and I have ordered a cover each, me the wine purple, her the black. Our account now has a shipping estimate for her black one, but not my purple one.......Delivery still not due til Dec19ish..........

I noticed it also now says on Amazon that the black cover is avail ships in 3-4 weeks, but the other colours are still unavailable.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
mishymac said:
Pushka - that link goes to a cover for a Kindle touch........

Kindle Girl - what colour cover did you order???

My sister and I have ordered a cover each, me the wine purple, her the black. Our account now has a shipping estimate for her black one, but not my purple one.......Delivery still not due til Dec19ish..........

I noticed it also now says on Amazon that the black cover is avail ships in 3-4 weeks, but the other colours are still unavailable.
Yes, I keep thinking the kindle4 means the touch, not the mini kindle.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I ordered my purple lighted cover on release day and just received a notification that it is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.  I had change my payment method a few weeks after I placed the order and the status updated to the unknown delivery estimate.  I contacted Amazon a few times to let them know that changing my payment method shouldn't have put me to the end of the line since I didn't receive any warning and was told there was nothing they could do.  Surprisingly, the notification came and it is now expected to arrive before my original estimate since they gave me free overnight shipping.  Hopefully it gets here!  Would love to hear others' opinions that already have the case!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yay cc1013!!

I noticed Amazon now says shipping 5-7 weeks for the purple cover....no notification of delivery estimate for my cover yet, but I have hope now cos at least they've got them!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I have a delivery date for the purple lighted cover for Dec. 29-Jan 9.  I just got the update a few minutes ago. I ordered it 11/11

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My K4 lighted cover just arrived today. It just arrived less than 2 hours ago so I haven't had much time to check it out, but I will be doing that tonight. Right off...the cover is soft and feels nice...the inside is soft and folds back flat very easily...the kindle fits in it very snug...and I'm not sure I'm going to love the light. It's not as big as the Octovo light and therefore doesn't cover the entire kindle like the Octovo does. I think it gets dark at the bottom of the page. I'll give it a test run tonight, maybe it will end up being ok. I can read with it, but it's not as bright as I'd like the page to be. The light seems to be made of all plastic too, so I wonder if it will hold out with repeated use. I'll have to use it a bit and see if it will be worth the price. I really love the convenience of the lighted cover, but I'm not sure it's all I hoped it would be. Hopefully it will be, but we'll see. Anyone else get their lighted covers yet?

·
Registered
99 Posts
KindleGirl - did u have a lighted cover for the K3??? I did and LOVED it! I love not having anything covering the edges of the kindle at all...and the convenience of the light was great! I'll have to wait til Jan to get mine, but if you could post pics that'd be great!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts