Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my title says, Amazon has somehow linked my book, Fairytale, to a book written by a completely different author. Our names are not the same, although are series titles are (mine has a 'The' in front, but apparently that doesn't matter). I have already called in to Amazon and explained the situation and asked to have it removed from my series and my author page. Here is where I get concerned:

The rep I spoke to says she can't manually fix this, and only put in a request. She says Amazon's systems do these sort of linkages automatically, and it somehow shows my name under the other author's book. I don't entirely understand how it works on Amazon's end, but from what I gathered, there is NO guarantee she can remove this book from my series because Amazon is automatic.

Can someone please confirm or deny this? I am so worried about this, I don't want this other author's name linked to me, and I'm even more worried this is going to cause major problems when I do publish the actual second book to my series (will I be denied because there's "already" a second book?) Has anyone here experienced this sort of mishap? Am I making a bigger deal about it than it is and Amazon can actually fix this fairly easily?

·
Registered
143 Posts
RRodriguez said:
As my title says, Amazon has somehow linked my book, Fairytale, to a book written by a completely different author. Am I making a bigger deal about it than it is and Amazon can actually fix this fairly easily?
wow, she isn't any unknown, she's been around for decades

can you get in touch with her thru her publisher or agent or social media or maybe through SFWA?

if she said something, something would get done, and she'd probably be horrified if she knew

here's her website, there's probably a way to comment or tag her there https://www.ireneradford.net/

she's older & may not be aware of what's happening at amazon with her relaunch of the book

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's so weird to me that their automatic system doesn't require matching the author name as well as the series name, or that there isn't some kind of confirmation that it's in the right series. Even Goodreads has more checks than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts