Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've read lots of threads about books being made free by Amazon because of them being offered for free at other sites, and about a month ago I made my book "The Year We Finally Solved Everything" free at Smashwords in an attempt to see if the same might happen to me.  Then, after about a week, I figured that this was silly and brought the price back up to $1.99.  I noticed last week that it was now free at Barnes and Noble, and sometime yesterday Amazon made the book free as well. 

But, I have two questions.  First, is it really that easy?  Just make a book free at Smashwords, wait a while and, voila! free ebook at Amazon?

And second, from other authors' experiences, how long does this last?  Like I said, I changed the price back to $1.99 at Smashwords about a month ago now. 

Any personal experiences would be appreciated.  I'm trying to savour this moment, as I know it can't last long...

·
Registered
869 Posts
My short stories are permanently free at Smashwords, B&N and the rest.  Amazon matched about 3 weeks after I made them available there for $.99.  3 stories went free on May 20th, the other 2 May 23rd.  They've remained free since then.  I'm hoping they stay that way. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts